Nike Camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
Does anyone have experience with the Nike Sports Camps? I have a 7th grader who just moved up from rec to travel. Her pitching coach said to sign her up for some camps this summer to get her used to pitching in front of strangers and gain some confidence.

Curious if this sounds like a good fit?

What were people’s experiences with these as a developmental camp for middle schoolers.

May 16, 2016
Ok, looking at this, it appears most of the Nike Camps are hosted with a college or university program. So, yeah, that is probably a good fit.

I would add that virtually all College softball programs have softball camps, so I would not limit yourself to just the Nike sponsored ones. I would look at the universities your kid has interest in, and go to those camps. Then you get the benefit of camp, and also your kid getting familiar with the university. If one of those happens to be sponsored by Nike, great. If not, no loss.

Most university programs will have a four or five day camp in the middle of summer for all positions. Then they have 1 or 2 day camps sporadically through out the year. Many of the short camps are split up... Hitting for half day, pitchers/catchers for half day, fielding for half day. So, you can sign up just for pitching, or do hitting and pitching in a day, for example.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Ok, looking at this, it appears most of the Nike Camps are hosted with a college or university program. So, yeah, that is probably a good fit.

I would add that virtually all College softball programs have softball camps, so I would not limit yourself to just the Nike sponsored ones. I would look at the universities your kid has interest in, and go to those camps. Then you get the benefit of camp, and also your kid getting familiar with the university. If one of those happens to be sponsored by Nike, great. If not, no loss.

Most university programs will have a four or five day camp in the middle of summer for all positions. Then they have 1 or 2 day camps sporadically through out the year. Many of the short camps are split up... Hitting for half day, pitchers/catchers for half day, fielding for half day. So, you can sign up just for pitching, or do hitting and pitching in a day, for example.

Yup, look up the colleges nearest to you. Most will have plenty of camps this summer. Some are pricey, some are money grabs, but you can research.

May 5, 2023
Does anyone have experience with the Nike Sports Camps? I have a 7th grader who just moved up from rec to travel. Her pitching coach said to sign her up for some camps this summer to get her used to pitching in front of strangers and gain some confidence.

Curious if this sounds like a good fit?

What were people’s experiences with these as a developmental camp for middle schoolers.
I run a Nike US Sports softball camp in Boise. This is my 7th year of running this. I can say that I only use very knowledgeable coaches and college players to teach the kids. Parent feedback on the camp has been very positive and both the campers and coaches have a great time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478