night espy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
I was at a baseball field in Boulder watching my dd's team practice. They were getting in some work prior to the IDT tournament in Longmont. A man approached and asked if I had a minute. Well... sure. He offered his hand and said "night espy." I beg your pardon? "Night espy." My mind was spinning. Surely this was some sort of mixup, possibly some type of cloak and dagger thing where I was supposed to reply with something like "the western sky is beautiful in June" and then the microfilm would be exchanged. But just when I was about to tell him that he had the wrong person, he asked if I was 29dad. And suddenly all was clear. KNIGHTSB!!!! Not "night espy."

Always great meeting fellow DFPers at tournaments. He also introduced me to Crankermo which was very cool. And their team looked spectacular in practice!! Two superstar DDs for sure and very nice guys. Thanks again for introducing yourself, Knight!

Just a great week in Colorado. DD's team struggled against good competition, but the experience was invaluable and I just kept thinking that there was nowhere I would rather be than in Colorado watching softball. What made it even better for us was staying with my wife's best friend and her family in Loveland, so we saved a fortune on lodging and meals.

DD had a solid week, but nothing spectacular. Best defense she has ever played, though, so that's something. Her team won their first and last pool play games but lost the four in between. In all four of those losses, they either had the lead or were tied in the final inning, but just couldn't pull through. And then lost 4-2 to the IL Force first round of bracket. Another game where it was 2-2 until two late solo homers did us in. No shame, though in a tough loss to a very good team. Hoping for a better showing at PGF but proud of the team nonetheless. Already hoping we are back in Boulder next year for 18U.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPop