NFCA Conference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Being in the Eastern US, I typically go to the Be The Best clinic in New Jersey. It’s usually in Cherry Hill or Atlantic City. There are always top coaches and instructors that present.

I’ve gone to Be The Best six times, it’s always a great experience. The last three times I brought DD with me, so she’s had the chance to hear and meet some of the game’s best. One time, Ken Eriksen called her on stage to help demonstrate a point he was making. It’s a cool atmosphere where just about every presenter hangs around after their talk to chat with the attendees.

Never been to NFCA, but still kicking myself that I missed the conference they had in Atlantic City a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2019
I’ve gone to Be The Best six times, it’s always a great experience. The last three times I brought DD with me, so she’s had the chance to hear and meet some of the game’s best. One time, Ken Eriksen called her on stage to help demonstrate a point he was making. It’s a cool atmosphere where just about every presenter hangs around after their talk to chat with the attendees.

Never been to NFCA, but still kicking myself that I missed the conference they had in Atlantic City a few years ago.

I emailed the Be the Best folks a while back for upcoming action, and never heard back. Guess I’ll go dig around there again, too.

Jul 14, 2018
I emailed the Be the Best folks a while back for upcoming action, and never heard back. Guess I’ll go dig around there again, too.

Keep an eye on their website. It looks like it’s under new ownership, I guess we’ll have to wait and see if they can attract the same talent as before. I think the guy who ran it had a personal relationship with Ralph Weekly, we’ll see if they can get the same big-name presenters if they’re both no longer in the picture.

Jan 8, 2019
Keep an eye on their website. It looks like it’s under new ownership, I guess we’ll have to wait and see if they can attract the same talent as before. I think the guy who ran it had a personal relationship with Ralph Weekly, we’ll see if they can get the same big-name presenters if they’re both no longer in the picture.

I figured it was COVID impact that shut everything down for a while. Hope it comes back as strong or better!

Sep 21, 2017
PA

I just talked to the new ownership of Be the Best and they are moving the clinic to North Carolina. My staff won't want to make that trip. Looks like I need to look into other clinic options for this year...

Sep 21, 2017
PA

Jack Hawkins was the founder of Be the Best, he passed away in 2019. He and Ralph were a big reason a lot of the presenters showed up. I'm not sure if Ralph is still involved in the process or not.

Jul 14, 2018
I just talked to the new ownership of Be the Best and they are moving the clinic to North Carolina. My staff won't want to make that trip. Looks like I need to look into other clinic options for this year...

Yes, I just got their email today. It’s too bad, I enjoyed going, but it’s not worth a multi-day trip for me.

Jan 8, 2019
Every state has cheap flights to Vegas!

I think I’m going to try to make it to the NFCA conf. The schedule looks pretty good from my experience level, and for me, I can drive just as easy. Let me know if anyone else is thinking about it.

The NFCA coaching clinics also look great, but a lot harder for me to get to. Chicago I and II look awesome for the coaches attending.

Jan 8, 2019
Registered for the conference today! Let me know if I’ll see you there. Still working out the details, though.

Jul 31, 2015
NFCA is the big annual pow wow for collegiate, club, notable private, etc coaches. There’s panels and break outs. Lots of opportunity to network during the breaks and social hours.

It’s usually well-attended. Would think that this year, if it’s in person, it will be quite well attended.

(Disclaimer: I have never attended. But DDs pitching coach went every year and we would hear about it for weeks afterward!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802