NFCA Conference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
Bump to see if anyone else is planning on going to the NFCA conference in Dec in Vegas?

Aug 21, 2008
I emailed the Be the Best folks a while back for upcoming action, and never heard back. Guess I’ll go dig around there again, too.
I was a featured speaker at the 2004 NFCA convention in Las Vegas. When I spoke, there was no other events or speakers at that given time. All 5000 attendees were there. I remember looking out and seeing Mike White 3 rows back in the center. Me talking pitching to him is like a Disciple preaching to Jesus.

The NFCA has some great things. But each year has different speakers and it's hit or miss if the info is good. While they seem to always have speakers on all aspects of the game: pitching, hitting, fielding, not all the speakers are good. And you may even run into a pitching speaker talking about H/E mechanics as good stuff. As I said, hit or miss.

I wrote to Be the Best countless times. Tennessee's Ralph Weekly was in charge of speakers for that event for many years. He would never return a call, an email, a snail mail letter I sent, or any kind of message. Never once. I even offered to speak for free and do multiple sessions on pitching because I knew it would bring many new places and organizations to work with. Ralph is such a class act, he wouldn't even give me the middle finger. What a guy.

Aug 10, 2020
DH went to the Coaches Clinic in Chicago last week, got great info, the coaches were very accessible. He said it was absolutely worth the trip.

Jan 8, 2019
DH went to the Coaches Clinic in Chicago last week, got great info, the coaches were very accessible. He said it was absolutely worth the trip.
It is 5he same here at the convention, only there are hundreds of coaches from all levels. It has been a great experience, so far! Well worth the trip!

For anyone that even considered going, I highly suggest adding it to your budget next year in San Antonio!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101