NFCA Conference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
I just received an email proclaiming the opening of registration for the NFCA Conference, and I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on if it is worth the time and money. Previous experiences?

I know there are some discussions that have been covered on this forum quite adequately, with likely as good or better better content and discussion than will be presented there, but it looks like there is some great content there, as well.

Thoughts?

Is anyone planning on attending?

Jan 8, 2019
Has ANYone gone before? I figure someone from this board has some good reviews on the conference.

Other conferences for fastpitch?

Sep 21, 2017
PA
NFCA typically falls during a time that is difficult for me to get off work to attend. I am a member, and would like to make it soon, though.

Being in the Eastern US, I typically go to the Be The Best clinic in New Jersey. It’s usually in Cherry Hill or Atlantic City. There are always top coaches and instructors that present.

I also like to hit up the ABCA Barnstormers events. They are one day baseball clinics that are regionally based. I’ve gotten some really good stuff from those, as well.

Catcher Con (Xan Barksdale) in Nashville is on the list to get to, as well. Xan only takes a small number of people for that one. Need to get on the list quickly.

Jan 8, 2019
NFCA typically falls during a time that is difficult for me to get off work to attend. I am a member, and would like to make it soon, though.

Being in the Eastern US, I typically go to the Be The Best clinic in New Jersey. It’s usually in Cherry Hill or Atlantic City. There are always top coaches and instructors that present.

I also like to hit up the ABCA Barnstormers events. They are one day baseball clinics that are regionally based. I’ve gotten some really good stuff from those, as well.

Catcher Con (Xan Barksdale) in Nashville is on the list to get to, as well. Xan only takes a small number of people for that one. Need to get on the list quickly.
Thank you for the feedback, @Coach Foster !

Feb 1, 2021
I have never been however my DDs HS coach who is a good friend of mine goes every year. He talks about it positively. He is also very social and says the informal access he gets to the presenters and other coaches makes it worth the trip. He always comes back with a story or some new key to move his coaching forward.

Not saying his attending the conference has any bearing on his success, but he is a fantastic coach and 'builder of people'. He is already inducted into my state's HS Athletics Hall of Fame and still actively coaching which is pretty rare. His attendance, in my book, is a pretty good 'thumbs up'.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019
I have never been however my DDs HS coach who is a good friend of mine goes every year. He talks about it positively. He is also very social and says the informal access he gets to the presenters and other coaches makes it worth the trip. He always comes back with a story or some new key to move his coaching forward.

Not saying his attending the conference has any bearing on his success, but he is a fantastic coach and 'builder of people'. He is already induced into my state's HS Athletics Hall of Fame and still actively coaching which is pretty rare. His attendance, in my book, is a pretty good 'thumbs up'.
Thanks, B17! That’s a great endorsement, and sounds like you’re dealing with a great coach and true student of the game! Love to hear that!

Jan 8, 2019
Not sure if it has any bearing on the quality of the conference, but yesterday (Sunday), I attended the NFCA Virtual Mentoring Session. There were about 45 people on the zoom call, most of whom seemed to be college coaches (UCR, UCSD, LMU, FSU, Villanova, GA Southern, and many more D2-3 schools). The forum was a few interpanel questions followed by breakout rooms of 5-6 attendees for free form discussion.

In my breakout rooms, I had the amazing opportunity to chat face to face (zoom) with:
Mike Candrea, Judi Garman, and Rick Pauly! As well as several other college and long-time travel and HS coaches.

That alone was pretty well worth the NFCA membership fee! (Mentor workshop was free!)

I’ll be looking into going to the conference!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101