Next poll up. "Angle front toss"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Angle front toss

• Yes it's a station

• Cycled in here and there

• Just player specific if issues

• What?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
How many work in angle front toss which helps plane and bat path, allowing ball to travel, at individual or team practices? Setting up wide, front tossing in at a 45 degree angle. I like to always see what peeps are doing, so thought I'd ask.

Jun 8, 2016
I do outside angle toss with DD but it has become cumbersome the last week as I have to throw LH now after tearing by bicep..L-screen had to get pushed way over as well as the plate..😒 We usually do a bucket after a bucket of tee and before a few buckets of regular front toss.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I like front toss with a screen. Slightly angle the screen so you are throwing across her to mimic soft and away pitches. (so I am tossing from 3rd base side but not 45 degrees. Probably closer to 70 degrees. If that's what your talking about then yes.

Nov 18, 2015
I think @BillyB was referring to doing it from the 1B side (to a RHH) to get a better feel for how to attack outside pitches.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but will be working it in, as my daughter is "just missing" the sweet spot when it's on the outer-half of the plate.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I think @BillyB was referring to doing it from the 1B side (to a RHH) to get a better feel for how to attack outside pitches.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but will be working it in, as my daughter is "just missing" the sweet spot when it's on the outer-half of the plate.
You can work both sides at 45 degrees. IE: If I'm throwing from 3rd base side, I want you to let it travel super deep and hit op field.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
We've started mixing it in. Part of our issue at the beginning was the lack of understanding the "why" on my part. Once I figured that out, and got better at the actual tossing, it's been a helpful drill. Not something we do each and every time, but has been worked in more than not lately.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We do this in our two net on-the-field hitting. One tosser from the front tosses slightly inside. The other tosses the outside edge from an angle. Often, but not always, we set a cone on the edge of the plate for the tosser to throw over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802