New team--4 & 5 yr olds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
New team:The FREEZE...............
frozen_team_640.jpg

frozen_team_640_backs.jpg

frozen_team_640_cleats.jpg

(Proves I have a heart)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I saw this and had posted it on my page. I am considering driving GDD from Tucson to Oklahoma, so she can join.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2013
At first I thought this was a joke, but it's a cute story...

Adorably Fierce Photo of a Frozen Girls Softball Team Goes Viral

"Let It Go?" These girls certainly have!

Of the idea that girls can't be tough or look mean. That they should be in dance class, not on the softball field. That princesses can't do anything princes can do, and have a blast doing it.

This awesome photo of an Oklahoma softball team's 4- and 5-years-olds scowling in their Elsa dresses from Frozen has gone viral in recent days. And no wonder – it's a brilliant, adorable portrait of girl power.

"You can do anything you set your mind to," Betsy Gregory, who took the photo and posted it to Facebook, told NewsOK.com. "As a mom, that's what we want our girls to feel the power to do, to step up and try anything."

The girls were in a dance class together originally, when their moms started talking about softball. To get the kids interested, they decided to use every little girl's favorite movie. They called the team the Freeze (after initially considering the Sparkling Elsas), and got the girls to wear turquoise shirts, white pants and turquoise-and-white socks – the colors worn by Elsa in the movie.

beautiful sparkly dresses are okay to look a little tough and look a little mean," said Gregory, whose daughter is the team's catcher. "I've heard words like 'fierce' thrown out. It's okay to be strong and empowered."

The girls ended up having a great season, as measured by what really matters.

"We came in dead last," Gregory says, "but we had lots of fun."

At season's end, it was time for a team photo on June 10. "Pretend that your brother stole something from you," Gregory told the girls as she lined up the shot.

The rest is history.

"You're a little girl, and you can do anything," Gregory, who never intended for the photo to go viral, said of the message it sends. "Don't let people get in your way. Go for it. Wear an Elsa dress and play softball."

Adorably Fierce Photo of a Frozen Girls Softball Team Goes Viral : People.com

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Cute picture. It brings back memories of my first coaching experience with T-Ball. As a parent, it was often fun to watch. As a coach, it sucked. By comparison, 7U coach pitch was a breath of fresh air. Although the scowls on 4-5yos are kind of funny, I'm not sure why anyone needs to look like someone pissed in their Cheerios to be considered a serious player.

Oct 19, 2009
We played in the World Series in Pigeon Forge, TN 11-12 YO team. There was a photographer there doing different pictures and one picture he offered was a goofy picture the girls wanted to do the goofy picture and 10 years latter I still treasure the picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPop