New Suncoast Fastpitch bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Some org's do random back checking at tournaments. Maybe some org's actually bought a couple on the open market to test?
I get that..but is it not possible for an individual bat to fail inspection after use and not have it be systemic problem? My guess is it would have to be some (fairly large) percentage of them would have to fail in order for there to be a red flag.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I get that..but is it not possible for an individual bat to fail inspection after use and not have it be systemic problem? My guess is it would have to be some (fairly large) percentage of them would have to fail in order for there to be a red flag.
Thats why it only matters what USA testing says. Doesnt matter if your bat fails at a tourny. What is suppposed to happen is
the bats submitted are supposed to be retested and retested after more use and more use at USA facilities.
BUT, thats not saying they didnt take a new Backlash from them after all the issues Suncoast had with their usssa sp bats.
Suncoast was probably on their radar for quite some time

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, I have no idea what the issue was with the fastpitch bats. I have only heard some things about the usssa
slowpitch bats

And you're never going to find out the exact reason why a certain bat fails. All you are going to get is that it doesnt meet standards
anymore and move on :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I kinda laughed about the batting glove thing. I would of rather they not even offer that, they def made
way too much of giving you a free pair of gloves imo. I like them letting you keep the bat, thats kinda cool to be able to keep a
bat that you can beat on in bp.

My problem is this could take months to get a bat passed, and produced, and shipped to Florida, then to customers.
The bats arent coming from this country either...this could take, no lying, 3 or 4 months. I hope not, just for the
people waiting with no bat.

Heck, in slowpitch, there isnt even this much being done for people yet. There is nothing set up for replacement.
And the sp bat issue went on a month before fp. The sp pages are going crazy about the stuff being done for fp already...hahahahaha

I can see their point too...Suncoast released a Competitive Edge 2...which is legal. They sold out in a day. But yet they didnt
use these bats to trade in with the customers sitting on banned bats already

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
Hmmm...

cut seems to have a ton of meanings around the softball diamond.

1. Swing -- "Good cut, Sally"
2. Catch the ball -- "Cut 3, cut 3!"
3. Stab -- "You suck Blue! I'm going to cut you in the parking lot later."
4. Bribery --"Hey blue. Gimme a few favorable rulings today and I'll cut you in on some of this money I made selling shrooms to the 8U parents."

Jan 25, 2022
Apparently this bat has been magic for one of our better district teams. I was told they all use the suncoast this season. Last year they had 20 homers in 36 games. This season they have 31 homers in 23 games so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22