New low tech device

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Rick Pauly suggested one of these for positive feedback.

I’m taking it a step further and using it as audio stimulus for hitting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F6FTTM7?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Just received mine yesterday. Anyone who uses the command drill when you say load and then swing using verbal commands might appreciate playing with a audio click instead of verbal commands.

I’m thinking of ways to use it and have come up with some good ideas.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If you press and hold the button it will click and then if you release the button it will click. It’s a different click/sound when you press and hold and then release compared to just push and release. Different tones almost.

You could press/hold to coil, pitcher starting the arm and then release the button for release. Then click it to swing.

You could also just click it and release the button 3 times.

I have more ideas.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You could click once to load and click to swing. You could create different pitch speeds by timing the two clicks. Just like one of my apps for measuring pitchers speed.

So you could use it for the command drill. Instead of saying load up and go, just use the clicker for audio stimulus. You could press the clicker hold the button simulating load and then release the button when to swing.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Hitting off speed on a tee, click to load and click to swing with a good rhythm. Then slightly vary the timing of the second click to simulate off speed.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I was introduced to this with Rick about a year ago. Pretty handy actually. Doesn't work with wife for getting me a beer. 😉

Yes, I seen it from Rick’s pitching vids. He used as positive feedback.

What I’m talking about is using it as stimulus for hitting. A timing mechanism.

It can still be used for positive feedback when you do something correct that your working on as well.

It’s actually made for dog obedience. That’s why it doesn’t work on your wife. 😜🤪

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802