New Glove Time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
If one was looking for a part-time first base mitt - like less than a full games' worth per weekend - is there any sub $150 gloves that would be acceptable? Looking at a A1000, MVP or Encore. I cannot find any locally to feel but they can be found only for a decent price for the infrequent use it will see.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If one was looking for a part-time first base mitt - like less than a full games' worth per weekend - is there any sub $150 gloves that would be acceptable? Looking at a A1000, MVP or Encore. I cannot find any locally to feel but they can be found only for a decent price for the infrequent use it will see.

Without looking, Easton used to have a Mako model made out of Kip, they were on sale awhile back for a really good price! Might take some looking around though.....

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
Without looking, Easton used to have a Mako model made out of Kip, they were on sale awhile back for a really good price! Might take some looking around though.....

That’s the glove that my 16u DD has been using for 4 years… Easton Mako MKLGCY38DBG. Served her well and I think ran around 150 at the time.

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
Pretty sweet color pattern on that one. I thought about going the custom route but with two kids playing travel ball I have to watch the softball budget. it was the PRODCTCB that I ordered and it was 240 + tax .

Dec 20, 2019

I have a used easton mako le 1st base glove rht in a 12.75 that i will sell for $100 shipped. Send me a dm with your # so i can txt some pics of the mako le 1st base glove. Txted u some pics of the mako le trapper.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Pretty sweet color pattern on that one. I thought about going the custom route but with two kids playing travel ball I have to watch the softball budget. it was the PRODCTCB that I ordered and it was 240 + tax .
Yep, they had several of those at the outlet in June. Of course I've never owned a 1B mitt in my entire life, me at 5'7" and my DD at 5'0", we never really hung out too much on that side of the infield, so I've never really had an interest in buying one!

But several years back at the outlet, I walked around for 30 minutes with a Goldschmidt on my hand, I was going to buy one just to have, I knew I could easily move it if I needed to! That mitt fit my hand about as good as any glove I've ever tried on! And it was so cool looking!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812