New glove recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2021
DD is a young 9 (2012) but big for her age (4’8, 85 lbs). She’s been using an 11” Mizuno Prospect for 2 seasons and catches well with it. She recently tried out for a 10u club team but ended up making a 12u team. We’re looking to upgrade her glove due to the bigger ball size and heavier use at the club level.

She tried on several youth and adult gloves at Dicks’ and couldn’t find anything she liked. The youth gloves all felt cheap and many of the adult gloves were too big for her hand.

Her main positions are pitcher, 2nd & 3rd.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a well made youth glove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 26, 2021
I would recommend Rawlings Select Pro Lite, I bought it for my 10 year old. The texture is tight, the size is right, and everything about it seems to feel good and my son loves this gloves.

Sep 19, 2018
Even though she is big, a quality adult glove is going to be too heavy. Get a youth glove, not a HoH or a2000 type. Yes, you will be getting a new glove after 3 seasons but she will be a little bit better equipped to start using a higher quality glove. Something like a Wilson 700. One of my dd teammates has a bradley. It is a very nice glove. It is 12'' but is somehow comparatively very small.

Feb 25, 2020
I strongly second cnardone's recommendation. An A2000 or HoH will weigh 20+ oz minimum. My daughters 11.5" a950 weighs like 15.5 oz. That is a humongous difference. She will get better much faster with a lighter glove. Shoot for something around 16 oz( I think Bradleys are close to this). A 11" ball fits nicely in an 11.5 glove. EDIT: My reading failed me. big ball haha. shoot for something light though.

Nov 2, 2021
My daughter is 10 and has used a Wilson A2000 FP75 Superskin for the last two years.

She predominantly pitchers or plays left side of the infield. The superskin gives it a lighter weight than all leather gloves. After re-lacing the wrist strap she loves the fit and it is great size for her needs. The break-in takes a bit but the glove is built well.

The Wilson glove expert Aso has several YouTube videos on the re-lacing and breaking-in that are worth a watch.

Good luck!

Apr 30, 2018
Do a search on here for Bradley Gloves. Great materials, but made for youth hands. Look for a Next Play or a FP Gold. A 12" H-Web is a great all around glove. Next Play Gloves generally have a stiched wrist strap. FP Gold will typically have a Velcro wrist strap. Looks like they are sold out of the Next Play 12" H-Web for righties. I would call them and see when their next shipment arrives or pick a different style web.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2021
Thanks for all the recommendations. We ended up going a several stores and trying on pretty much everything they had. She really liked the Liberty Advanced 11.75 I-web and although it’s not a youth glove, it fit her pretty well. I ended up getting one from Baseball Express for just under $100.
She got it at the end of the Fall season and then had surgery so she’s just starting to really use it over the past 2 weeks. After me hounding her to try putting 2 in the pinky she finally tried it and loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802