New glove reccomendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You know what's sad, I have practically zero photos of her playing travel and school ball, she was on the field while I was coaching a base.
My wife is an amateur photographer, so she takes a lot of pictures of my girls playing. I mean a lot...

Actually, it's not a bad thing. She scrapbooks all the pictures, so we'll have a great time looking back at them as they get older.

Aug 18, 2018
FWIW I had found some A2000 gloves run small, like a half inch smaller. I took a risk and ordered a custom MA A2000 model and that really is 12.25 inches and DD loves it. Still not game ready but that's what we have winter for. She used to rotate through 1b and she used a Mizuno MVP series glove. It was reasonable and holds up well.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
FWIW I had found some A2000 gloves run small, like a half inch smaller. I took a risk and ordered a custom MA A2000 model and that really is 12.25 inches and DD loves it. Still not game ready but that's what we have winter for. She used to rotate through 1b and she used a Mizuno MVP series glove. It was reasonable and holds up well.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk
The majority of Rawlings gloves run give or take a 1/4" smaller than their listed size, except for the NP pattern which is either dead on it's listed size or just a tad larger. The 12" Pro1000 that I talk about so much here usually tapes right at 11.75".

Aug 21, 2008
Bill, I am not so thin-skinned that I cannot hear other people's opinions. Maybe what you have to say will change my mind. Probably not, but I will at least listen to your opinions on the matter. You have way more experience in fastpitch softball than I do, so it would be foolish not to consider that.
I didn't get a chance last night, and now I'm off to do lessons again. It's been chaotic to say the least. But, upon retrospect, I think I'll just hold my tongue on this. I sometimes find myself thinking I should pull back from this and other forums. I'm sure Pattar will have something clever to interject here, lol. No, it's not this or any one topic but, maybe Boardmember has the right idea to just duck in now and then. All of that said, I'm glad LE that you said you're not thin skinned. I didn't mean to imply you were, if that's how it came out. But, as I said, sometimes it's just a tone people can read into things when it's often not intended. It seems to happen to those of us who live in the world of sarcasm and humor quite often, believe it or not. lol. If Pattar was funny, he might know of what I speak. ha ha ha.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I didn't get a chance last night, and now I'm off to do lessons again. It's been chaotic to say the least. But, upon retrospect, I think I'll just hold my tongue on this. I sometimes find myself thinking I should pull back from this and other forums. I'm sure Pattar will have something clever to interject here, lol. No, it's not this or any one topic but, maybe Boardmember has the right idea to just duck in now and then. All of that said, I'm glad LE that you said you're not thin skinned. I didn't mean to imply you were, if that's how it came out. But, as I said, sometimes it's just a tone people can read into things when it's often not intended. It seems to happen to those of us who live in the world of sarcasm and humor quite often, believe it or not. lol. If Pattar was funny, he might know of what I speak. ha ha ha.
My whole world is sarcasm. If it wasn't for sarcasm and humor, I'd be dead by now. Maybe some wish that upon me, but that doesn't matter what others think of me. If I offended with what I said, please know that was not my intention. But, now you have me curious as to why you want to hold your tongue. I am sure I offend a lot of people, but I'm scratching my head as to what I said that could be even remotely offensive to anyone.

Either way, I hope the original poster gets the glove his daughter wants because that is what's most important here.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022

I still think this would make an excellent fastpitch pitchers glove! Most (the majority) of Pro1000's are 12" but occasionally Rawlings will make a 12.25" Spring Training Pro1000, in this case this is a Don Morton exclusive SMU.

Full Horween (liner included) so the durability is there, two-piece pitchers web ("9" web) to hide the ball, sorry guys it won't hide a girls arm all the way to her elbow! ;) Pro200 family so the dual break heel will accommodate being worn TIP or traditional equally. It's only available in Tan, so if that's "old man or old school" boring, sorry!
Is this glove palm liner horween leather too? I can't recognize what the black material inside is...

Aug 21, 2008
My whole world is sarcasm. If it wasn't for sarcasm and humor, I'd be dead by now. Maybe some wish that upon me, but that doesn't matter what others think of me. If I offended with what I said, please know that was not my intention. But, now you have me curious as to why you want to hold your tongue. I am sure I offend a lot of people, but I'm scratching my head as to what I said that could be even remotely offensive to anyone.

Either way, I hope the original poster gets the glove his daughter wants because that is what's most important here.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
It'd be a vey long reply, and the part that worries me is coming off as an elitist. When I discuss anything in this game or especially pitching, I do so from experience but I try not to brag about those experiences. That line can sometimes be very blurry, especially to those who don't know me. Those that do would know me to be the most self-deprecating person in the world, of course besides being funny, brilliant, male model-like looks, generous, (shall I go on?). lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802