New glove for fall 10u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2019
My daughter will be finishing her second year of 8u this summer and moving to 10u in the fall. She has played with a 12" Rawlings highlight series for the past two years and I wanted to get her something nicer for the fall. I've pretty much decided on getting her a custom Bradley, but can't decide in what web. She will more than likely be playing SS and 2b with maybe a little bit of outfield. I really like the modified trap because I feel like younger girls with smaller hands really benefit catching with a deep pocket because they can't always close the glove all the way. Is there any reason why the modified trap is a bad idea and I should choose a different web.

Apr 30, 2018
The mod trap isn't horrible at infield work since it does have a strip of leather across the top of the web. It won't be as bad as a traditional trap web at trying to scoop ground balls. An H web is generally considered the best all around glove if you do double duty playing infield and outfield.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It won't be as bad as a traditional trap web at trying to scoop ground balls.
Ozzie Smith would highly disagree with you! ;) That’s right, arguably the greatest SS to ever play the game used a Six-finger trap web, in the dirt!

OP, I think a H-web is what you’re looking for!

Oct 4, 2018
My DD who plays LF and 3B and fills in at 1B gets great mileage with an H-web.

Consider TIP (two in the pinky) for her. Both my girls (and I) wear our gloves like that. It helps.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019
My son has a mod trap glove for baseball obviously. Plays a lot of 3rd and SS with glove. I've always liked the versatility of the mod trap glove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802