New Bat suggestions??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Im looking to get my DD a new bat She is 5-2" and 105lb. Right now she is using a mizuno whiteout 32/-10 do you think is too heavy for her weight and height? Any suggestions??

Do YOU think its too heavy (is she swinging a little slow)? My DD is same height, 120 lbs (15YO) and swings a 32/-10 Xeno. Her older sister is 1" shorter, 20lbs heavier and swings a 32./-9 or 8. I agree with the Ted Williams advice to use the heaviest bat you can swing fast. That said, the "swing fast" part is the most important.

If you think the bat might be a little big for her, I'd recommend doing some underloading/overloading practice to improve batspeed. also do some video review to make sure she's using good mechanics to swing that game bat. often they will love their bat but video analysis will show they are incorporating bad mechanics in an attempt to get the bat to the ball.

Sep 9, 2014
Do YOU think its too heavy (is she swinging a little slow)? My DD is same height, 120 lbs (15YO) and swings a 32/-10 Xeno. Her older sister is 1" shorter, 20lbs heavier and swings a 32./-9 or 8. I agree with the Ted Williams advice to use the heaviest bat you can swing fast. That said, the "swing fast" part is the most important.

If you think the bat might be a little big for her, I'd recommend doing some underloading/overloading practice to improve batspeed. also do some video review to make sure she's using good mechanics to swing that game bat. often they will love their bat but video analysis will show they are incorporating bad mechanics in an attempt to get the bat to the ball.

Thats pretty much it!! Her swing seems very slow and late at games! At the cage she kills the ball with a fast swing i am thinking her problem could be mental. However she keeps telling me that shes not nervous at the plate but her swing show otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore