New Bat suggestions??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2014
Im looking to get my DD a new bat She is 5-2" and 105lb. Right now she is using a muzino whiteout 32/-10 do you think is too heavy for her weight and height? Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I would think that is the top end for a kid that size. DD used that size bat till she was 5'7 and 125 and it served her very well.

Jun 11, 2012
My DD is 5'2" and 95 lbs and swings a 33/23 LXT. It depends on the kid, some like light bats, some like heavier bats. Can she swing the bats of some teammates and see what she likes or doesn't like.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Best suggestion I can offer is to get your DD to borrow some different size/weight/manufacture bats during practice and try them out. This is not a "one size fits all" scenario. Hard to go wrong with any of the major manufacturers and a lot of them will be releasing their 2016 models in the next month or two if you can wait. When you are ready to buy check with Coresoftball20 and he will hook you up with a great deal.

Sep 29, 2014
Also depends on age a little and if they are done growing and how coordinated/comfortable they are with their body as JAD suggests best way is to test them if possible but realistically the best deal you can get on a name brand bat should be fine (college players seem to do just fine switching to whatever bat is sponsoring the team).

I don't think you would want to go much heavier, my DD 5'5 and 135 still swings her 31/21 CF5, I wanted to get her a new bat she said ..."no thanks"

Best suggestion I can offer is to get your DD to borrow some different size/weight/manufacture bats during practice and try them out. This is not a "one size fits all" scenario. Hard to go wrong with any of the major manufacturers and a lot of them will be releasing their 2016 models in the next month or two if you can wait. When you are ready to buy check with Coresoftball20 and he will hook you up with a great deal.

^^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^^

The only thing I'd add is that I try to get 'em to a 32" -10 as soon as they can possibly handle it. Once they're there, the moving up in size slows way down and it isn't uncommon for a girl to use a 32" bat for two or three years.

Apr 28, 2014
Not sure where you are located but there is a place in the South East PA area (Longstreghts) that has a full cage and allows the girls to hit any bat they want. Great way to try em all.
DD ended up loving the Torq and we got it for her. 32' drop 10. She's 5' 6" 110lbs.

Dec 11, 2010
^^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^^

The only thing I'd add is that I try to get 'em to a 32" -10 as soon as they can possibly handle it. Once they're there, the moving up in size slows way down and it isn't uncommon for a girl to use a 32" bat for two or three years.

That is a really true statement and I had not thought of it that way. Nice nugget of experience there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore