Never seen anything like this before!!! WOW!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"Keep in mind S-3 the bats that colleges & pros swing are not the same bats you get off the racks at your local sporting goods store. " Drop 3?
Somebody that knows a little something about something please chime in. Are the bats at college games inspected/ tested?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Bats are tested at regional, super regional and CWS games. They can be tested otherwise but I have not seen that. My dd had her bat (Easton Stealth) rejected at her regional her sophomore year. It was confiscated along with about every other bat on the team. I believe that they only had two or three that passed inspection. It was the same for every other team in that regional. In every other regional, super-regional, ... in her college career her bats passed inspection. The time that all of the bats were rejected caused all of the coaches to complain that it wasn't the bats but rather the person inspecting the bats. In dd's senior year, she went through 5 bats. (Mikan Ghosts)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Bats are tested at regional, super regional and CWS games. They can be tested otherwise but I have not seen that. My dd had her bat (Easton Stealth) rejected at her regional her sophomore year. It was confiscated along with about every other bat on the team. I believe that they only had two or three that passed inspection. It was the same for every other team in that regional. In every other regional, super-regional, ... in her college career her bats passed inspection. The time that all of the bats were rejected caused all of the coaches to complain that it wasn't the bats but rather the person inspecting the bats. In dd's senior year, she went through 5 bats. (Mikan Ghosts)
WOWZAH thats some feedback!

Hmmm? Now that i think of it cant recall any team being
'punished' for bat tampering.
Not that i follow all college stuff.
Still cant recall a story.

Have heard of recruitment violations tho.

Dec 11, 2010
Bats are the same. Have seen them, held them and watched DD’s use them in a controlled environment over school breaks.

The difference in college is the weight room and great training.

The difference in college is a whole bunch of players, all in one place, that are really, really good hitters.

People who have never been around a good college softball team have NO CONCEPT how good the hitters are across the board and how much better they get. Even the ones that don’t do much (or have the opportunity) in college were really good wherever they came from.

Just like you can tell the difference in the skinny little freshmen in high school, you can pick out the skinny little freshmen in college. These same kids were beasts until they got to college. Bigger stronger, faster. Most look like they are completely overmatched at first. That changes, just like in high school.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021
Yeah and both people who said it need a physics lesson...🤣

wouldn’t it be partially correct though? Even though his reasoning is likely wrong. Her mass bringing the bat around should still have a higher amount of force than the force from the ball’s mass/velocity. I would think the ball is going to have less effect on her and energy transfer from ball to her than say a smaller player swinging at the same speed.

Thinking car head-on’s a semi at 35mph it’s horrible. Car head-on’s a train a 35mph car flies.

Jan 27, 2021
I’m 100% sure I goofed up those terms so try and read it as if it was your dumbass buddy that is trying to relate would talk

Jan 27, 2021
It just doesn’t make sense. There has to be an energy transfer from the ball to the bat. You saying a bat not being held at all would have the same effect as a bat being held solid with a 250lb weight behind it doenst check out. In a bat not being held almost all for the energy goes into the bat and pushes it backwards, with the weight to stop the backwards motion the bat is going to absorb the energy and return at fair amount back into the ball? Clearly your the physics guy but I did stay at a holiday in express once

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm seeing a good amount of bat speed being generated by her hand/wrist action. Hit it on the sweet spot and it will jump pretty far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom