Never seen anything like this before!!! WOW!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
she clearly did or it wouldn't have gone out of the park but looking at it......it doesn't look too hard IMHO. But it did so she had to have some muster in it somewhere. And confident in saying she is no Barry Bonds.

Can anyone else show a similar swing (softball please not grown men in baseball which is a ridiculous comparison....not calling you out here @pattar I promise) where it goes over the fence.

Pretty confident it doesn't exist but open to seeing it if you can produce it......which is unlikely!

S3
Why is it a ridiculous comparison? I think comparing a grown women taking a half swing and hitting a ball 230 feet with a rocket launcher is a fair comparison to a full grown man on rocket fuel hitting a ball off the end of a wooden bat on a check swing and having it go 400 ft...😁

Jun 8, 2016
Put it this way, a kid from Arkansas hit one 300+ feet last week. I can easily see the TX kid’s barrel speed at contact being roughly 2/3 of the AR hitter(assuming they both barreled up the ball and the pitch speeds were comparable)...

Everyone needs to put their analytical hats on and forget about what the swing actually looks like..I’ve seen plenty of garbage swings from big 11, 12 and 13 YO over the last few years which end up being OTF 200+ ft HR 😄

Now to answer your original question no I haven’t seen a swing quite like that go for an OTF HR but typically on a swing like that the pitch location is going to be such that it is going to be hard to barrel up. That pitch location actually looked like it caught a decent amount of the plate. It looked like her coach told her to just put something in play and that swing was the result...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
Why is it a ridiculous comparison? I think comparing a grown women taking a half swing and hitting a ball 230 feet with a rocket launcher is a fair comparison to a full grown man on rocket fuel hitting a ball off the end of a wooden bat on a check swing and having it go 400 ft...😁
Bonds swing wasn't a check swing. His reaction of the broken bat makes you think so but it was far from a check swing.

This goes back to your statement to put on you analytical hat on. Forget what you think you see and realize what actually happened.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
Put it this way, a kid from Arkansas hit one 300+ feet last week. I can easily see the TX kid’s barrel speed at contact being roughly 2/3 of the AR hitter(assuming they both barreled up the ball and the pitch speeds were comparable)...

Everyone needs to put their analytical hats on and forget about what the swing actually looks like..I’ve seen plenty of garbage swings from big 11, 12 and 13 YO over the last few years which end up being OTF 200+ ft HR 😄

Now to answer your original question no I haven’t seen a swing quite like that go for an OTF HR but typically on a swing like that the pitch location is going to be such that it is going to be hard to barrel up. That pitch location actually looked like it caught a decent amount of the plate. It looked like her coach told her to just put something in play and that swing was the result...
good points and you answered my question which I appreciate.. NO, you haven't seen this before. You have seen youngsters hit garbage swings at 11, 12, and 13. Just wait, you have no idea what you will see when you really get to experience the game at the older ages. It is much different I can promise and jealous I don't have those days back. But get ready, you will get to see so much more I can promise you that.
Lastly, there is not a similar comparison that somebody can post to that half swing, check swing, or whatever it was. It doesn't happen and maybe never has. Although I am always open to seeing it if somebody has one which I would almost bet the house they don't.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Strong player. Perfect contact.

I see a lot of very well hit balls caught at warning track in NCAA softball.

@pattar can you fact check his physics?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Between the bat, the ball, the wind and the weight room. She gone. Think the game would be more exciting if the back the fences up to about 250 ft. When you your see the OFs playing about 195 ft. deep, it looks wrong. There should not be off the wall singles.

Dec 11, 2010
Between the bat, the ball, the wind and the weight room. She gone. Think the game would be more exciting if the back the fences up to about 250 ft. When you your see the OFs playing about 195 ft. deep, it looks wrong. There should not be off the wall singles.
Disagree!

I saw four otf hr’s yesterday, when it’s your team, it never gets old, lol!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28