Needing a new, custom catchers mitt. Thinking about getting a custom Marucci.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My DD (16yo junior) uses a 34" but has said she thinks she wants her next glove to be a 33" to make transfers a little easier/quicker.
and that's one of the concerns.... I know that some companies 34 is smaller than others 33" so there is that!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Where is our catcher's glove measurement database?

Sounds like a job for Eric.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Agreed, couple years back after the bat weight database was rolling along and everyone was loving it, I volunteered him to start a catchers equipment database..........he wasn't too amused! ;) Yep, he's the man for the job!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I've pretty much came to a decision on a new catcher's mitt. I tried out one of my fellow catcher's Mizuno catcher's mitt and I absolutely fell in love with the glove. I think that's going to be the mitt I'm going to order. Plus, I still like the $279 price tag on the glove and it should be here in a reasonable amount of time for me to break the glove in before the season begins. Another question about Mizuno and I know this is unrelated to gloves. What was you guy's daughter's/you guys impression about their cleats? I have two pair of Ringor's in my catcher's bag and they're getting to the point where they won't clean up very well anymore. I've had these things since my junior year of high school and they look like they could still go and I'll still wear them for practices. I'm just funny about wearing stuff when it doesn't come clean anymore and that's even with using a cleaner like Simple Green on them. I just want to come to a decision before I go putting an order into Mizuno.
Plus, I think I'm going to order another bat off of them since I'm kinda a bat junkie :).

Oct 1, 2014
USA
So, I found a Rawlings HOH catchers mitt today (black & gray only) for under $200 if that trips your trigger at all. Both DD's (C & P) have used Ringors (mids with pitching toe) with mixed results as far as durability goes, we had a strange issue (wearing/tearing in an odd spot) on the first pair that my Pitcher DD used but Ringor stood behind them and even rushed out a replacement before a big tourney. The Mizuno cleats that each of them have had were comfortable and seemed to last about average (they play a lot and are tough on their shoes). The F20 Power Carbon Mizuno bat is working for them also...it's HS season here and just this past week that bat has produced 3 dingers, 2 triples, 2 doubles and a bunch of hard hit singles so if you like the Mizuno product give Coresoftball a call and go with it. Currently the DeMa & the Ghost are getting dusty. Hope that helps!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I've pretty much came to a decision on a new catcher's mitt. I tried out one of my fellow catcher's Mizuno catcher's mitt and I absolutely fell in love with the glove. I think that's going to be the mitt I'm going to order. Plus, I still like the $279 price tag on the glove and it should be here in a reasonable amount of time for me to break the glove in before the season begins. Another question about Mizuno and I know this is unrelated to gloves. What was you guy's daughter's/you guys impression about their cleats? I have two pair of Ringor's in my catcher's bag and they're getting to the point where they won't clean up very well anymore. I've had these things since my junior year of high school and they look like they could still go and I'll still wear them for practices. I'm just funny about wearing stuff when it doesn't come clean anymore and that's even with using a cleaner like Simple Green on them. I just want to come to a decision before I go putting an order into Mizuno.
Plus, I think I'm going to order another bat off of them since I'm kinda a bat junkie :).
Anna's had 3 pairs of Ringors, 1 pair each of molded, metal, and turfs. Our HS wears Mizuno's, the girls get a pair of black & white every year. Anna will take the Mizuno' s over the Ringors every day of the week, don't ask me why? To me the Ringor's look to be built way better........but I'm not wearing them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802