Needing a new, custom catchers mitt. Thinking about getting a custom Marucci.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Where is our catcher's glove measurement database?

Sounds like a job for Eric.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Agreed, couple years back after the bat weight database was rolling along and everyone was loving it, I volunteered him to start a catchers equipment database..........he wasn't too amused! ;) Yep, he's the man for the job!

Not gonna happen. Y'all are welcome to take it on, though. (y)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Anna's had 3 pairs of Ringors, 1 pair each of molded, metal, and turfs. Our HS wears Mizuno's, the girls get a pair of black & white every year. Anna will take the Mizuno' s over the Ringors every day of the week, don't ask me why? To me the Ringor's look to be built way better........but I'm not wearing them!

I know what you mean. I was once an Under Armour girl for my cleats, batting gloves, and my compression shirts and shorts. Once I found Ringors, I never really looked back. I would go through at least 5 pair of Under Armour cleats in the time I'd go through one or two pair of Ringors because I like having a backup pair because my feet really sweat. I'm thinking I would like to try something new. I'm just not sure how well Mizuno cleats hold up. I'm fairly sure they'd hold up better than the Under Armour ones did for me. But I doubt they'd hold up like my Ringors.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@softgabby
Did you ever see this mitt, it's obviously a brand new release?

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
@softgabby

I'm intrigued by this mitt. I looked over the link, since I took a day off of classes (allergies are kicking my butt today), and I like the mitt. I'd definitely think about getting one. I also like that it's Velcro-backed so I can make fine adjustments to it kinda like the Mizuno I'm pretty sure I'm going to order.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
@softgabby

Looks like an evolution of the CMW3000. Definitely worth considering, based on All-Star's track record.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Which glove is it Gabby?

I'm currently looking at the All-Star AF-Elite Series 33.5" catcher's mitt and I'm looking at the Mizuno GCCFPCM33 Custom Catcher Mitt in 34.5" as it was the only model available for left-handed catchers. I would like to maybe get another Mizuno bat as I'm really liking my Power Carbon and I'm thinking about trying their cleats. Granted, I still love my Ringors but they're getting to the point where I can't get them clean anymore and I'm starting to get a lot of wear on the inside of the shoe where the fabric is starting to tear.

Feb 25, 2018
I'm currently looking at the All-Star AF-Elite Series 33.5" catcher's mitt and I'm looking at the Mizuno GCCFPCM33 Custom Catcher Mitt in 34.5" as it was the only model available for left-handed catchers. I would like to maybe get another Mizuno bat as I'm really liking my Power Carbon and I'm thinking about trying their cleats. Granted, I still love my Ringors but they're getting to the point where I can't get them clean anymore and I'm starting to get a lot of wear on the inside of the shoe where the fabric is starting to tear.

Did you get the All Star AF-Elite?
The stiffer thumb area is of interest to me, as I catch for my daughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802