Need Your Take On This Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2020
Thanks for the responses, great input. I think she needs more load a a little more patience. She’s real trigger happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
with a no stride approach the COG should be lowered In set up imo. What you’re basically doing is by-passing the ‘fall’ into the legs w a no stride style. but you gotta be in your legs to hit. So better knee flexion and a bit wider stance might do the trick. Video and post. Might be a few other things. But try the simplest things first and get deeper if needed.

Nov 18, 2015
Not really swing related - but that pitched looked high and outside. So pitch selection could be a separate conversation.

How does she do on a pitch down the middle? Her bat is really flat at the start of the swing - that may make it harder to adjust to balls up or down in the zone.

Aug 31, 2020
Not really swing related - but that pitched looked high and outside. So pitch selection could be a separate conversation.

How does she do on a pitch down the middle? Her bat is really flat at the start of the swing - that may make it harder to adjust to balls up or down in the zone.

Yeah it wasn't a great pitch to swing at....that's a whole other topic. She hits meatballs really well but struggles high. Another cue she's had in lessons is to start a little higher with her swing.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Do you see a difference in weight distribution @ launch? Notice Wright's hips and how they gain ground into heel plant, his hand stay back, his body gains ground. Just because your DD is using a no stride approach does not mean she has to swing off her back foot. JMHO

img_2753-gif.21722
View attachment 21725
Front shoulder opening too soon and front foot not releasing?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Makes you think there is no such thing as starting early. I’m currently drilling my 3 kids on being ready to swing. I want them ready to swing and loaded before release.

I think it’s just personal rhythm and tempo. for me I want them ready to get forward right before release and ready to swing at toe touch.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Have always been a fan of getting feedback from the student

- EliteBaseball.TV- Letting Kids by Kids; figuring it out

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478