Need Your Take On This Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Why does she not have a stride? Who told her to do this?

Her timing is way off, her hands/bat were way too early.

Her body positioning is not good at toe touch with this no-stride (as the other posters have noted)

1. Go back to a stride
2. Make sure she strides when the ball leaves the pitcher's hand ON EVERY pitch, good or bad.
3. Make sure the bat head is up not flat at toe touch. She has lost all her leverage with the bat, and bat drags.

Then see where she is.

Aug 20, 2017
Makes you think there is no such thing as starting early. I’m currently drilling my 3 kids on being ready to swing. I want them ready to swing and loaded before release.
I think starting early is a “thing”. I just think it needs to be left up to the player to figure that part out. In front toss I’ll verbalize “get ready, get ready” just prior to me pulling the ball back to throw. When doing this they will start to do the slow and early thing. The key is moving the COM forward at pitch release with balance, posture, and control. The body does naturally want to go back some to prepare to stride. Just let the hitter figure that part out

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think starting early is a “thing”. I just think it needs to be left up to the player to figure that part out. In front toss I’ll verbalize “get ready, get ready” just prior to me pulling the ball back to throw. When doing this they will start to do the slow and early thing. The key is moving the COM forward at pitch release with balance, posture, and control. The body does naturally want to go back some to prepare to stride. Just let the hitter figure that part out

If you coil back the opposite and equal effect is to move forward. You don’t ever stop loading. The forward movement of the pelvis is a result of loading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478