Need some tryout advice for my 14y/o.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I don't mean that if you wait that you've missed the train, but it's not early. There are some 2020 grads who are already committed. The timeline depends somewhat on the level that the player can reach. You can start looking in the 11th grade and find a place somewhere, but at the highest levels, schools like Alabama and Oklahoma already have a list of players they're recruiting in the class of 2020.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Just an FYI. You should go into the tryouts already knowing the answer if you're offered a spot. Also, you should have the list of questions ready for the coach before any offers are made.

Jun 14, 2016
Good point, like I said she has been on the same team for 3 years and it was given at tryouts that she would play for that team. We are definitely new to doing this. I definitely feel like we should have been better prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
It's not to late to call the coach and ask questions. Call him up and ask all the questions you'd like to ask here.

Jun 14, 2016
I called the coach tonight and asked all the questions that I needed too. I liked what I heard so decided to let her play with this team. It is an established team with a good track record of helping girls get signed to colleges. I figure worst case scenario, we will be looking for a new team after the fall.

Jun 14, 2016
One of the 1st things I asked was how many pitchers and playing time she could expect!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sostrejr2002