Need help sizing catching gear!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
Daughter wants to learn catching. Won a raffle for some Jen Schro the very best gear. She is about 4'9" tall and about 115 lbs. Torn between small and medium I guess. From her ankle to knee is 14" and throat to belly button is 14". Not exactly sure how accurate those last 2 measurements are because her grandmother just got them for me lol. Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022
Daughter is 5'2" (now), ~93lbs. When she was 5' I bought her the very best set in Med. It fit her well then and still does. Not sure how tall your daughter is going to grow or about any growth spurts in the near future. With those measurements, I would think she would fit a small/med. FYI: the medium comes with a large helmet, we had to wait until we could order a small helmet as large is currently too big for her..

1658215369264.png

Jul 31, 2021
Daughter is 5'2" (now), ~93lbs. When she was 5' I bought her the very best set in Med. It fit her well then and still does. Not sure how tall your daughter is going to grow or about any growth spurts in the near future. With those measurements, I would think she would fit a small/med. FYI: the medium comes with a large helmet, we had to wait until we could order a small helmet as large is currently too big for her..

View attachment 26076
We got the small and it fits well with some room to grow.

Apr 13, 2015
All Star brand is good ...Jen Schro has great stuff but tens to be too big for some kids....

Jul 18, 2022
mix and match....might wear Schro shin guards and All Star mask, etc
For sure. The mask is large. I understand they didn't want to make a med mask probably to put costs down but wish they made the small mask available for med gear. I had to order them separately when they became available. She had to wear her old mask until then. :\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45