Need advice on DD swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Most will not allow themselves to "tall and fall" into there legs without knowing where the pitch is going due to fear/anxiety. They either fall to late or to early.

QdUHqfz.gif

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
And why isn't she? I'd argue it's not because of her stance... however a narrower stance might be helpful, but I've seen narrow hitters with poor weight transfer as well, ABAF
And I'd disagree with you on this particular player. Exceptions to a general rule of thumb is still exactly that...exceptions.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I just don't have the knowledge to help my DD refine her swing. If you could take a look and give me some advice on what she needs to work on.

Have seen some nice success for young ones working with this gentleman.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
I did not read five pages of threads,, she seems to have nice level bat path .. I would try and look for some drills that help with extension thru the ball (there are many online ) or you can direct message for suggestions (no professional ) just logged many hours with my daughter and paid attention during lessons to make sure when we worked on our own I could cement what they were preaching.. also I would use a plate when doing tee work and start with head facing the pitcher and track the ball in towards tee like live .. but the plate and tee position determines point of contact . inside out in front of plate , middle at front of plate and outside let get little deeper plus will help create the same position and stance. look at front foot . hard to say if she is pulling out with it or going straight to ball . I will say it seems like she has a quick bat,,, good foundation to begin with time effort and patience will certainly pay off for her,,, and the resources here in this forum are endless...best off luck

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Most will not allow themselves to "tall and fall" into there legs without knowing where the pitch is going due to fear/anxiety. They either fall to late or to early.

QdUHqfz.gif
Are you suggesting that players that tend to get hbp are probably doing it right? My DD gets beaned a lot.

Jun 8, 2016
Are you suggesting that players that tend to get hbp are probably doing it right? My DD gets beaned a lot.
Well in that case Hughie Jennings should be the model for the swing followed closely by Craig Biggio and Don Baylor..😂..At the end of the day a player needs to move out the same regardless of where the pitch is so yes, a player who does that will be more vulnerable to HBPs.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Yes, most kids want to know where the ball is going before moving out. Becoming leveraged fyb is a vulnerable position.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee