Need Advice from HS Coach Regarding HS / Travel Tournament Conflict

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2022
My daughter will most likely be playing JV or Varsity softball this spring. Unfortunately we have a conflict in April with an away tournament and a high school game on the same day. The tournament is arguably one of the biggest we play in all spring/summer. Her HS game is during the day which means we would probably miss most of the Saturday games.

How do I approach the coach about this scheduling conflict?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021
SC
I will be interested in how this plays out for you. Our schools say no travel ball until school ball is over. i think its ridiculous and rather not even play school ball, but i got overruled by DD.

Jun 20, 2015
well, entire state of Ohio does. penalty goes against the school if caught and includes forfeiture games. It does only apply to sanctioned ie school sponsored sports, in middle and high school.

Aug 12, 2016
As a High School Varsity coach, I easily would say school ball comes first. With that said, you could have a conversation with the High School coach. I excused a girl last season so she could play in a Showcase tournament in Kansas City, but that is the exception to the rule.

Feb 1, 2022

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What tournament is playing during school ball that's as big as you say? Most tournaments in NY only run 10U and 12U with the occasional 14U mixed in because they can't get teams to participate due to school ball. My daughters know that school ball comes first. If their coaches were to schedule a TB tournament when school ball was going on, we would inform the coach we won't be there for the tournament. TB gets 10 months out of the year. They can give two for school ball.

Feb 1, 2022
What tournament is playing during school ball that's as big as you say? Most tournaments in NY only run 10U and 12U with the occasional 14U mixed in because they can't get teams to participate due to school ball. My daughters know that school ball comes first. If their coaches were to schedule a TB tournament when school ball was going on, we would inform the coach we won't be there for the tournament. TB gets 10 months out of the year. They can give two for school ball.

It's in NJ for 10/12/14U. There are plenty of what I would consider "elite" TB teams and organizations playing in it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802