NCAA Slapper rules are unfair

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
In some ways, that makes it even more stupid. It can be hard enough to get outs at that level. The last thing offenses need are more outs.
In that case why don't we just make it such that any popup or GB is an automatic out like we do with our driveway wiffle ball games with my sons..It will help with all those 9YO pitcher's recruiting profiles..

You guys are a trip.

Apr 1, 2017
In that case why don't we just make it such that any popup or GB is an automatic out like we do with our driveway wiffle ball games with my son..It will help with all those 9YO pitcher's recruiting profiles..

You guys are a trip.
I'm not arguing to change the rule, but "if I was king", maybe it at least goes away at younger levels. Either way, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Jun 8, 2016
I'm not arguing to change the rule, but "if I was king", maybe it at least goes away at younger levels. Either way, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Catchers have to learn too..right? Younger levels typically have inning run rules.. 🤷‍♂️

May 13, 2021
I don't think its stupid but I am not a pitcher's parent..Part of getting a strikeout is catching the ball. Don't see the issue 🤷‍♂️
That is not why the rule was originally put in place back in the 1800s when baseball was a completely different game. It is a hold over from a game that doesn't really exist and should have been removed just like other rules of that time. Like a fly ball could be caught on a hop for an out, among others.

Jun 8, 2016
That is not why the rule was originally put in place back in the 1800s when baseball was a completely different game. It is a hold over from a game that doesn't really exist and should have been removed just like other rules of that time. Like a fly ball could be caught on a hop for an out, among others.
If you say so. Like I said I have no issue with it but if they got rid of it I wouldn’t lose any sleep either 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449