NCAA Slapper rules are unfair

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2017
DD played at a D2 school this fall with fences that were 190’ down the line with a ton of grass behind the fence meaning it wasn’t a space issue. I’m glad she was able to keep the ball in the park that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watching random games on ESPN, and there are P-5 schools that are 190' down the lines. The one I remember for sure was the Big Ten tournament being played at Indiana and it was 190'.

Jun 8, 2016
Watching random games on ESPN, and there are P-5 schools that are 190' down the lines. The one I remember for sure was the Big Ten tournament being played at Indiana and it was 190'.
I believe Oklahoma State's home field is 190 down the lines.

Sep 13, 2021
The penalty isn't the same in NCAA softball. In HS and youth ball, the batter is out every time. In NCAA, it's a delayed dead ball, and the defensive coach has option of result of play or strike on batter. It's a fair compromise.
I have to believe that the DDB will filter down to NFHS and travel ball.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I have to believe that the DDB will filter down to NFHS and travel ball.

Agree...

If your foot is supposed to be in the box, then it should be in the box, not 99% out of the box.

The NCAA's rule does seem more straightforward for umpires to enforce and the penalty makes sense.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Oklahoma State's field is pretty old I believe. Not sure what the dimensions of OU's new field is going to be (if that is what you were referring to..)
Hmmm 🤔the bats were already composite with the new flight ball designing a field at 190' is still close compared by other fields built years back.

Will be interesting to see OU new field dimensions. Is there a scheduled completion date?

Guess 210' at center, maybe all the way around?

Jun 8, 2016
Hmmm 🤔the bats were already composite with the new flight ball designing a field at 190' is still close compared by other fields built years back.
Not justifying it. I just though you were confusing OSU with OU...lol.

Will be interesting to see OU new field dimensions. Is there a scheduled completion date?

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014

OU's current field looks like 225' to center with what looks like a 6' fence.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812