National team fastpitch softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
This is a small bait and switch here with the title of this thread.

Almost all of you reading this have daughters who pitch and probably go to weekly lessons. Many of you probably also have sons who play baseball and may even go to their sister's pitching lessons. A small percentage probably even try pitching themselves, as they imitate their sister and goof off throwing a ball underhand.

Did you know there is a U19 USA boys fastpitch team? Did you know they are ALWAYS seeking players? The coaches and USA softball are realistic, realizing that 90% of their team has probably never played an organized game of fastpitch in their lives. They recruit the best baseball players they can. Many of the pitchers they get are brothers of softball pitchers in girls organizations. Some take it seriously, others do it as a goof. But, there is real opportunities for boys to play fastpitch softball. The boy's national team travels all over the world for both their qualifier and world championship every couple years. If you have a son who has shown any interest in fastpitch, why not give this a thought? Do you realize the bragging rights your son could have over your daughter if he made the USA National team? lol. They might discover how great the fastpitch game is and choose to continue playing it. EVERY kid I've ever known who's played both baseball and softball has said how much this game has helped their baseball skills, especially hitting.

The head coach of the USA boys team is from Boston. They are always seeking people interested who want to give this a try. Why not pursue it?

And now there is a brand new 23U division, again looking for players with or without fastpitch experience. If your son grew up at the softball parks with your daughter, that is a form of experience! Give it some thought people! Contact the guy below to get more info.

Chris Sebren
Director of USA Softball National Teams
USA Softball
csebren@usasoftball.com

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I think it's a great idea and opportunity, really hope to see it grow. But Bill, I have to ask why the watered down version of the recruiting post here on DFP vs that group on FB? I loved the extra reasons and the "hook" for playing that you laid out over there!! I thought it was brilliant! ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802