My slingshot pitcher played tonight.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She is a homeschooler playing 7th grade ball. So, she was nervous. Her team was behind, to a very strong team 2-0 and she threw 3 innings. 10 pitches the first inning. And 3 straight Ks the 3rd inning. The middle inning had 2 hits, where the ball bounced off player's gloves and she also walked 2 batters. 2 runs scored. But, she fielded a line drive for the 3rd out.

Their #1 pitcher throws 49 mph and my gal throws 33. It was quite the contrast. The opposing girls were just swinging wildly and most hits were weak to the infield.

We will see what her coach thinks, but we (me, mom and the girl) were happy.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am very proud of her. She and her sisters are adopted, I suspect. The parents take in foster children and currently have 9 boys and 3 girls. The last 2 children have severe handicaps.

I volunteer my time, with her. I do want her throwing hard, but it will come. She is so out of her element being at the middle school, with only one girl that she knows. I am encouraging her to go out for basketball.

The crowd was very supporting, once they saw that the other team couldn't hit the ball. And she threw slow and slower. She has terrific control. It was fun to see something different.

Oct 3, 2009
I love how you are so proud of your students and go out and watch them play.

I agree 100%. Every once in a while we get a thread on what a parent should look for in a PC. And all the obvious points apply but I think having a PC that genuinely cares and feels pride/etc. regarding their students is right at the top. It makes a huge difference to the student or at least it did for my DD. Kudos to Amy and it comes through in her posts.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
I played against a slingshot pitcher in my high school state finals whose release point was around her ankle. We were down several runs before anyone was able to get a bat on the ball since her delivery was so atypical. Needless to say we didn't win that game.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I played against a slingshot pitcher in my high school state finals whose release point was around her ankle. We were down several runs before anyone was able to get a bat on the ball since her delivery was so atypical. Needless to say we didn't win that game.

At the risk of being extremely politically incorrect, when was this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802