My Poor Camera...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
This past weekend, I mounted Mevo Plus on net backstop using Lynkspyder. Took direct hit. Lynkspyder did it's job, and protected camera, but impact caused the Mevo Plus top to pop off the battery, and went flying about 12 feet behind backstop. I thought it was dead, but it kept recording the whole time!

My Lynkspyder had a 1 inch bow after the impact, but I was able to straighten it out after the game.

Did I mention, I dislike net backstops?

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I too hate videoing with net back stop, however, they are amazing for watching the game. For nets, I bring a tripod and simply record thru the net from a little bit of distance. Totally works fine!

Glad the camera made it out alive!

Aug 6, 2013
This past weekend, I mounted Mevo Plus on net backstop using Lynkspyder. Took direct hit. Lynkspyder did it's job, and protected camera, but impact caused the Mevo Plus top to pop off the battery, and went flying about 12 feet behind backstop. I thought it was dead, but it kept recording the whole time!

My Lynkspyder had a 1 inch bow after the impact, but I was able to straighten it out after the game.

Did I mention, I dislike net backstops?

Dang you are lucky. My Mevo plus took a direct hit, popped off its base and did keep recording but the sensor inside got damaged:cry:. It will still record but if you aren't squeezing the camera the picture turns purple or green or has colored lines. Grrrr.... Of course the Mevo Plus is discontinued so Mevo won't repair it and can't tell me who could. 😭 I moved to a Hero 9 for our last tournament and I hate it.

May 16, 2016
Dang you are lucky. My Mevo plus took a direct hit, popped off its base and did keep recording but the sensor inside got damaged:cry:. It will still record but if you aren't squeezing the camera the picture turns purple or green or has colored lines. Grrrr.... Of course the Mevo Plus is discontinued so Mevo won't repair it and can't tell me who could. 😭 I moved to a Hero 9 for our last tournament and I hate it.

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if the Mevo Plus dies... Probably go with a Start for streaming. Now that Logitech aquired Mevo, I am hoping they release a new 4k camera with the Mevo Plus features.

I think the Mevo Plus was slightly ahead of it's time, and it would be a far more popular camera now...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23