My daughter has regressed in college

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2015
We threw today, and it went much better. I did not have my gun out for every pitch, but I had it out for a lot of them (she requested it be out since we were working on speed) Her speed was still in the same range she has been throwing in this break, but she threw almost all of them at the top of the range. And her control was so much better.

She only worked on fastball and change up. We ignored the spin pitches this session. Our philosophy, even if she never throws a fastball in a game, that is still the pitch to throw to get everything calibrated and reset.

At the end of practice when she was tired, I had her throw 5 fastballs. On the colored plate, 3 were yellow and 2 were green. All were strikes. Now we don't like yellow locations, but it was still a success. Last week, she would have been lucky to have just one of them even be a strike. 3 months ago, she would have had 4 or 5 greens. So she has a ways to go, but things are moving in the right direction.

I am sure I will butcher the term, but she worked on front side resistance which seemed to make a difference.

Mar 10, 2020
We threw today, and it went much better. I did not have my gun out for every pitch, but I had it out for a lot of them (she requested it be out since we were working on speed) Her speed was still in the same range she has been throwing in this break, but she threw almost all of them at the top of the range. And her control was so much better.

She only worked on fastball and change up. We ignored the spin pitches this session. Our philosophy, even if she never throws a fastball in a game, that is still the pitch to throw to get everything calibrated and reset.

At the end of practice when she was tired, I had her throw 5 fastballs. On the colored plate, 3 were yellow and 2 were green. All were strikes. Now we don't like yellow locations, but it was still a success. Last week, she would have been lucky to have just one of them even be a strike. 3 months ago, she would have had 4 or 5 greens. So she has a ways to go, but things are moving in the right direction.

I am sure I will butcher the term, but she worked on front side resistance which seemed to make a difference.
My dd rise and drop are both faster than her fastball.
By 3-4 mph. Fastball does not get called often in games.
The coach calls that the do-nothing pitch.
She is at a top third of the D1 colleges. Tops out 67-68.
Everything they work on is location with spin. She throws her drop at three different speed intervals. Her change at two different intervals with two different grips for spin. Her rise ball is located low and high, in out.
Don't let the speed demons on dfp try to influence you that speed is the dominating factor.
Even at 68 mph with a beautiful breaking pitch if she misses a location the batters will take advantage.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
From Bullseye,

"She is at a top third of the D1 colleges. Tops out 67-68."

"Even at 68 mph with a beautiful breaking pitch if she misses a location the batters will take advantage."

The two statements go together. Without HJing the thread, I am wondering what would happen if a pitcher throwing 68mph with breaking pitches faced a D2 or NAIA school.
Total Dominance???

Jun 8, 2016
Without HJing the thread, I am wondering what would happen if a pitcher throwing 68mph with breaking pitches faced a D2 or NAIA school.
Total Dominance???

This kid topped out at around 64 and she dominated in D3.

May 21, 2015
South
By the way, her last name is Hull not Hill. She threw harder than low 60's. A lot of D1 schools would have been happy to have her.

Oct 26, 2019
By the way, her last name is Hull not Hill. She threw harder than low 60's. A lot of D1 schools would have been happy to have her.
It was an auto-correct error. Went back to fix it, but decided to just delete my post. I am a fan of hers and meant it as a compliment to her ability to pitch. Have a great day.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
This kid topped out at around 64 and she dominated in D3.

Just wondering if in the 5 games she lost the opposing team went small ball?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812