My 10u rec league team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2022
I coach a 10u rec league team in a small town. We moved our daughter from another rec league where live to this other league. I always volunteer to coach or to be asst. coach. I got selected as head coach and there were total teams put together. We did our evaluations(which were flawed because they couldn't get the pitching machine to work right) and I basically selected girls on throwing ability and speed. At our first practice, I find out 4 of my girls have never played, 4 are in their 2nd year of ever playing ball and I have 3 that have been playing awhile including my DD. While I have coached more talented teams in the past, none compare to this team. these girls have worked hard and done everything I have asked in practice. They have gone from a group of girls I had to teach the rules to, teaching them how to swing a bat, teaching them to make the throws needed to get outs and to catch the ball. To giving the top teams in the league a run for their money. The team we played last night will end up winning our league. 1st game against them we lost 3-16. 2nd game we lost 1-11. We played them again last night and took to extra innings and lost 8-9. Even in the loss I couldn't be more proud of my girls. We made some mental mistakes that cost us, but overall the girls were hitting and running like pros. They fielded the ball great! Every single one of them wants to come back and play again next year! Sadly my DD will be moving up to 12u next year and she is the only one on the team moving up. Our team record doesn't show it, but these girls are winners.

Jun 8, 2016
Congrats.......and for the love God, always put the winning score first when giving a score (we lost 11-1..) ;)

Jun 8, 2016
You do you
Lol..you say it like that in person to somebody who knows the game and they won’t respect anything you say after that..You want to sound like someone who has never watched a ballgame in your life you go right ahead..I was trying to do you a favor.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I did it that way because it was our score to theirs.
I've always said it similar putting our score first. Like we are losing 1 to 3. Didn't know it wasn't the normal way to say it. Guess I don't watch enough sports ;)

Like in tennis how you always call who is serving as the first score even if you're losing.

May 15, 2022
I've always said it similar putting our score first. Like we are losing 1 to 3. Didn't know it wasn't the normal way to say it. Guess I don't watch enough sports ;)

Like in tennis how you always call who is serving as the first score even if you're losing.
All good! We myst just be dummies here in the south!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598