Most obnoxious parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
@pattar I'm so glad you are a good sport about that, at least I hope you. Most of us have probably done it or wanted to but aren't secure enough to admit it.

Confession: I threw a water bottle on the ground a couple weeks ago when DD's team lost a game they had no business losing. Got some pretty funny looks from the crowd. However I did pick an easier target to hit. Like I tell my DD when she is working on her dropball, gravity is your friend!

Edit: there was a dad at a game a couple weeks ago who threw a water bottle obnoxiously into the ground when his DD's team lost a game.

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar I'm so glad you are a good sport about that, at least I hope you. Most of us have probably done it or wanted to but aren't secure enough to admit it.

Confession: I threw a water bottle on the ground a couple weeks ago when DD's team lost a game they had no business losing. Got some pretty funny looks from the crowd. However I did pick an easier target to hit. Like I tell my DD when she is working on her dropball, gravity is your friend!
I have a LOT of faults but not owning up to when I screw up isn’t one of them. The reminders every so often on here are actually beneficial to some extent 😉

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
During DD’s first year of TB I was 100% guilty of being the parent yelling “Go one go one!!” or “Make the adjustment” or a number of other dumb useless things. It’s similar to being the guy at a hockey game yelling “shoot!” all of the time.

Now I just find a spot away from the other parents......sit back and applaud for all the good plays. Whether it’s our team or not. It’s much more enjoyable.

Aug 25, 2019
During DD’s first year of TB I was 100% guilty of being the parent yelling “Go one go one!!” or “Make the adjustment” or a number of other dumb useless things. It’s similar to being the guy at a hockey game yelling “shoot!” all of the time.

Now I just find a spot away from the other parents......sit back and applaud for all the good plays. Whether it’s our team or not. It’s much more enjoyable.
I think we all start out like this (I did), hopefully sooner or later we all just sit back and enjoy the game, because if your still doing at when DD is playing 18U, you have a problem.

Nov 13, 2020

Hard not to do it at the 10u or early 12u level when DD fields a ball in the outfield and then hesitates.... ‘throw it in!!!’ May or may not have been shouted out a few times this weekend.:censored:

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Hard not to do it at the 10u or early 12u level when DD fields a ball in the outfield and then hesitates.... ‘throw it in!!!’ May or may not have been shouted out a few times this weekend.:censored:

Indecision in the outfield may be one of my biggest pet peeves. And truly the hardest to not yell for when just watching. At least as a coach I'm allowed to yell at them to just throw it in. So I can get some of it out.

Despite working on it in practice....we still deal with some brain farts during the heat of the moment.

Jan 3, 2019
Florida
Indecision in the outfield may be one of my biggest pet peeves. And truly the hardest to not yell for when just watching. At least as a coach I'm allowed to yell at them to just throw it in. So I can get some of it out.

Despite working on it in practice....we still deal with some brain farts during the heat of the moment.

Yeah.....I pulled a girl in the middle of an inning after we literally spent our last two practices going over this very thing. Her parent wasn't happy about it and proceeded to cuss me out in the middle of the game for all to hear......fun times.

Jul 5, 2016

I saw some brain farts yesterday in the Alabama - Kentucky game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood