Most memorable dugout chants you've heard...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Interesting, as the girls get older the chants are disappearing.

10U the girls used to go online to see what the popular chants were, so they could use them.
12U, still a bit of chanting.
14U, the chants get rarer.
16U, I never hear it. DD 3's organization actually bans chants. They allow cheering, but not chanting. I don't hear it from the other teams as well.

My DD's team as well (D3 college). Her coach who was new last year has all sorts of rules for the girls. Don't get it. If the top D1 teams can chant wht can't the D3 teams chant?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017
A b c d e you just made it easy, error error whoot whoot, error error whoot whoot. Thats my favorite as i hear a bunch coaching first. I encourage our girls to chant, i know then that they are paying attention to the game. We go to plenty FAU games and they cheer the whole game.

Jun 14, 2018
My DD's team as well. Her coach who was new last year has all sorts of rules for the girls. Don't get it. If the top D1 teams can chant wht can't the D3 teams chant?

DD's team (10u) was watching one of the older teams (18u) in the same club play between games at a tournament and started chanting for them. The coach came out of the dugout and told them to stop!

Feb 17, 2015
USA
DD's team (10u) was watching one of the older teams (18u) in the same club play between games at a tournament and started chanting for them. The coach came out of the dugout and told them to stop!

To me chanting is part of softball. I wish these coaches would allow the sport to have its own personality and quirks whether they like it or not. Softball isn't baseball.

Jun 27, 2018
We were at a tournament last weekend, the other team had a drum and beat the drum and chanted trying to rattle the opposing pitcher. I was kinda surprised they were allowed to do this. Thankfully our pitcher isn’t easily rattled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2015
Southeast
I don’t care what the chant is but please do not beat on anything with a drumstick, bat, or softball. I cannot stand drums in the dugout. It’s classless and does nothing for your team. It’s only a distraction to everyone, even the fans. I agree with most that cheering on your team or an individual is the only way to use chants. Otherwise leave em out of the game.

Mar 28, 2016
In a 12 U tournament that my daughter got picked up for, they were up 6-1 and all of a sudden they started singing this. It sounded pretty good, but I'm sure the other team was annoyed.

They sang it very melodic just like Alysha Keys.

This Team is on Fire,
This Team is on Fire,
They're walking on Fire,
This Team is on Fire,
Ohoohooohooohoh.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don’t care what the chant is but please do not beat on anything with a drumstick, bat, or softball. I cannot stand drums in the dugout. It’s classless and does nothing for your team. It’s only a distraction to everyone, even the fans. I agree with most that cheering on your team or an individual is the only way to use chants. Otherwise leave em out of the game.

On multiple occasions, I've seen drumming (usually pounding on buckets) shut down by umpires. Thank you, blue!

Apr 26, 2015

Completely agree! Last weekend during the Sparkler DD's team was playing a team that would start beating on stuff, shaking bottles filled with rocks and shaking the fence every time the pitcher started her wind-up. DD's coaches never asked the blue to address it - but he did walk over and tell them they couldn't do it when she started to pitch. So they did it constantly...and he didn't shut that down. It was so annoying and just classless. Then - in between innings the coach stood in front of the girls and screamed at them "do you know how humiliating it will be if you lose to this Colorado team?" LOL - I think that lit a fire under our girls because they shut them down handily. Noisemakers and all! Boom!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
To me chanting is part of softball. I wish these coaches would allow the sport to have its own personality and quirks whether they like it or not. Softball isn't baseball.

I will say that I did get into this topic pretty heavy with someone a few years ago during the CWS. He was soooo against any dugout fun or singing or anything. He was just like,
you don't see that stuff in slowpitch or baseball...so why do it. Treat it as a job.

My thoughts were, its a game, not a job. Its their last few years of playing for most of them. Let them have fun doing it.

But I do agree with not doing anything to insult, belittle or distract the other team. You can do it and still be just fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802