More coaching problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Eh, forget the balls - your username is better - you are one letter off from meaning “cold beer” in Polish. 😂

Very good catch ! Zimne Piwo is correct ... I'm 1/2 Polish American ... I had some gentlemen from Poland working at my business years ago and they were helping me with my Polish and vice versa ... In an effort to get my pronunciation closer to correct they would spell some words phonetically. As you may know, Z is pronounced sort of like GZH ... It just stuck.

May 27, 2013
Very good catch ! Zimne Piwo is correct ... I'm 1/2 Polish American ... I had some gentlemen from Poland working at my business years ago and they were helping me with my Polish and vice versa ... In an effort to get my pronunciation closer to correct they would spell some words phonetically. As you may know, Z is pronounced sort of like GZH ... It just stuck.

Pretty cool! As you can guess - I grew up hearing a lot of Polish spoke in my house. Certain words and phrases definitely stuck…

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Pretty cool! As you can guess - I grew up hearing a lot of Polish spoke in my house. Certain words and phrases definitely stuck…

And non more important than Zimne Piwo. - LOL

In my previous life, our business was in Central Jersey near a very Polish town ... Many available people visiting with work visas ... My Aunts & Grandmother (1st generation) spoke Polish often but in our house, my Father never did ... I didn't even know he spoke Polish until in my mid 20's when I started hiring Polish workers, all of a sudden he was fluent - LOL ... But then again I didn't know he could jump rope either until as a teen he caught me and a friend trying it in the driveway ... He grabbed the rope and said "It's like this" , and speed roped a routine ... A man of few words but he boxed in the Navy & Army Air Corp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2