More coaching problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2021
Not commenting on the specific EKU situation but the comments sound exactly like my older DD’s coach and staff. It even sounds like a coach that staff “mentored” who is currently a d2 coach.

There is a story about the coach providing a meal to players after a tough loss. The meal was served with an icy stare as the coach walked down the aisle of a bus, flipping a frozen Hot Pocket to each player.

This is a “Hall Of Fame” coach btw and it’s been like this for ummm…. 3-4 DECADES. They will never dump her. If she doesn’t drop dead first, she will do a farewell season and retire with glorious honors one day. Her equally Jekyll and Hyde assistant will get the open spot and keep the good vibes going.

People, the coach you see on the recruiting trail isn’t always the face you see when the player arrives on campus.

I‘m pretty thankful for the coaches my younger dd has. They feed the players well. I doubt any d1 team environment is perfect but dd is in a pretty good place.

eta: There are parents who assume that college coaches are super special people with super special knowledge and abilities. The truth is they are human and usually come with all the same faults and defects the rest of us poor slobs come with.
Great lesson that some learn quicker than others. The coach who calls on 9/1 of your JR isn't the same coach when you arrive on campus and determine if they get an extension or not. Some players will get 3-4 chances a day while others are being pushed out before second practice of fall.

Dec 6, 2019
I do not understand how it's possible to read that full report and think that this coach should retain her job. I was absolutely disgusted by what I read. It's not a matter of 'division 1 athletics is tough' or 'today's kids are snowflakes.' This woman is unhinged.

Mar 10, 2020
Yes you have made your opinion clear. I personally think the mods on here do a decent job. If you don’t think so then you can be proactive and not click on threads which have titles like the ones being discussed..that is my opinion.
Don't put that incorrect assumption on me. I supported the moderators closing that thread. Reading through other posters comments one being @CoachJD who kept coming back at this, seem to think it is okay to trash talk, however the moderators did not and closed that thread as they should have and did.
The situation appears certain people can't tolerate that there are people that are in disagreement of trash talk.
Those have exposed themselves.
To the people who are unable to recognize crossing the line of an anonymous person trash talking a person by their given name they will have to deal with their own integrity.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Look I actually agree (although you are not explicitly saying this @Bullseye ) that if you are going to call someone out on their character they should be able to have the opportunity to defend themselves…In the situation being discussed, it would be interesting to hear his explanation for what went on…

May 27, 2013
Don't put that incorrect assumption on me. I supported the moderators closing that thread. Reading through other posters comments one being @CoachJD who kept coming back at this, seem to think it is okay to trash talk, however the moderators did not and closed that thread as they should have and did.
The situation appears certain people can't tolerate that there are people that are in disagreement of trash talk.
Those have exposed themselves.
To the people who are unable to recognize crossing the line of an anonymous person trash talking a person by their given name they will have to deal with their own integrity.
I don’t think you should worry so much about this discussion board talking trash on the topic you are concerned about. The same conversation/topic has been appearing on multiple FB pages over the past week.

Mar 10, 2020
I don’t think you should worry so much about this discussion board talking trash on the topic you are concerned about. The same conversation/topic has been appearing on multiple FB pages over the past week.
Worry. NO. Facebook are people representing themselves and talking about whatever they want. Is not the same as this anonymous issue and crossing the line. This was not my intent to have to keep reiterating the point I made. But because there is a small group of people on this forum that feel they need to defend their ability to be anonymous keyboard warriors and feel they are going to police the softball community by exposing people by their first and last names. My comment is that could be a horrible scenario if it continues.
Not saying that all travel ball coaches are perfect and are not at fault. But if all travel ball coaches exposed all the issues they deal with families and started reporting those families and players names on this website that would additionally be a horrible scenario if it were allowed.
Equally difficult is the situation of college coaches that do have to answer to some degree of scruples. For the most part college coaches do not go on social media and expose the problems from their players that they have to deal with on a daily basis.
On this forum, obviously people feel protected by their anonymity and don't realize the repercussions they can cause.
For this reason I have never exposed my daughter's names nor who they play for. Nor my daughter who is already in college and what college she plays for. Even though I see there are threads about the D1 team she pitchers for in conversation. Not compelled to talk about the situation at her college on a discussion forum. There are many factors to things that are happening in college programs and I think equally so on travel ball teams. Never would everybody here get the full story and for that reason to the anonymous keyboard warriors, gossip is a two-edged sword.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28