Montana Fouts needs to come here and learn that her palm has to be up at 9 o'clock

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's a semantics deal. They want to define a screwball by it's spin, not it's movement. I have seen and caught balls that do move inside to a RHB thrown by a RHP. If you define that pitch by it's spin, it's not a screwball. If you define it by it's movement, it's a screwball.
If I said that I have seen and caught balls that move down but don't have any top spin that would raise some eyebrows, but it's ok for a ball thrown by a RHP that moves inside to a RHB to not have any 'screw' spin! This makes no sense to me! And I don't care what name you call this pitch, 'nothing burger' ball would be more appropriate as far as I'm concerned. What bothers me greatly is that too many pitchers are spending too much time trying to develop a pitch that doesn't work. I have spent a lot of time looking at recruitment videos and in 90% of them the pitcher will throw her screwball, basically a 'step left, throw right' straight as an arrow pitch to the inside corner. The only 'screwball' that interests me is Hightower's, the Florida pitcher. On TV there is a hint of some break. I was hoping that they would make it to OK so I could see some good video of it, but no such luck.

Yes Bill, a curveball in baseball goes down, although in some cases there is some sideways movement. Here is Seth Lugo's curve, one of the best in the game.

Aug 21, 2008
If I said that I have seen and caught balls that move down but don't have any top spin that would raise some eyebrows, but it's ok for a ball thrown by a RHP that moves inside to a RHB to not have any 'screw' spin! This makes no sense to me! And I don't care what name you call this pitch, 'nothing burger' ball would be more appropriate as far as I'm concerned. What bothers me greatly is that too many pitchers are spending too much time trying to develop a pitch that doesn't work. I have spent a lot of time looking at recruitment videos and in 90% of them the pitcher will throw her screwball, basically a 'step left, throw right' straight as an arrow pitch to the inside corner. The only 'screwball' that interests me is Hightower's, the Florida pitcher. On TV there is a hint of some break. I was hoping that they would make it to OK so I could see some good video of it, but no such luck.

Yes Bill, a curveball in baseball goes down, although in some cases there is some sideways movement. Here is Seth Lugo's curve, one of the best in the game.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do know Curves have downward movement too. In fact, I often explain to dad's with no softball experience but have played or pitched baseball, that a riseball is an overhand curve turned upside down. I mean in terms of how the ball is spun and the way the fingers do the work.

But, there are also sinkerball pitchers. Former Red Sox closer Keith Foulke (sic?) comes to mind. His sinker and curve were different pitches.

Aug 1, 2019
Discussion was about calling a softball pitch without screwball spin a screwball. I mentioned that a 2 seam fastball in baseball moves towards the pitcher's pitching hand but nobody calls that a screwball in baseball...
@pattar what is your fascination with @Hillhouse. You have been dogging him for weeks now with your sly comments. Bro, you need to stop. We don't need to lose another asset which is what we have with Bill STILL coming around. That man is a wealth of knowledge yet you feel you have the right to challenge him? Bro, what are your credentials? You have none except your constant bitch about your DD which is really sad. Just stop already!!!

You have become a DFP virus. Go away!!!

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar what is your fascination with @Hillhouse. You have been dogging him for weeks now with your sly comments. Bro, you need to stop. We don't need to lose another asset which is what we have with Bill STILL coming around. That man is a wealth of knowledge yet you feel you have the right to challenge him? Bro, what are your credentials? You have none except your constant bitch about your DD which is really sad. Just stop already!!!

You have become a DFP virus. Go away!!!
Lay off the sauce..it is making you cra cra (along with rendering you incapable of following a thread apparently...)

Aug 1, 2019
Lay off the sauce..it is making you cra cra (along with rendering you incapable of following a thread apparently...)
Seems to be your go to answer. Yes, @pattar everyone must be drinking seems to be your answer. Seen it a few times from you. Bro, not even close, I don't drink and I will be in Church in the morning brother. Where will you be? Probably still on this site causing chaos which is your nature. A virus for sure.

Just point me to where your 8,153 comments actually provided help to anyone. You can't because you didn't. But you can bitch with the best of them.

@Hillhouse vs. @pattar..........Who would everyone choose??

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I will take @Hillhouse! Not even close.......LOL! Bill has provided so many helpful comments over the years and more than the experience to back it up.. Not to knock on anyone else but comparing the 2 (and I understand why you are saying it) is not even close.

Many people here provide help. Unfortunately some just want to pretend this is a site to cause problems like Reddit and argue.

Zero credentials to back up it up but maybe a few youtube videos. Worthless.

Be better, provide help, or please be silent!

S3

Jun 8, 2016
Seems to be your go to answer. Yes, @pattar everyone must be drinking seems to be your answer. Seen it a few times from you. Bro, not even close, I don't drink and I will be in Church in the morning brother. Where will you be? Probably still on this site causing chaos which is your nature. A virus for sure.

Just point me to where your 8,153 comments actually provided help to anyone. You can't because you didn't. But you can bitch with the best of them.

@Hillhouse vs. @pattar..........Who would everyone choose??
The comment you responded to in this thread wasn’t even me giving Bill a tough time which is why I responded to you like I did. That said, I wasn’t aware that I am not allowed to make digital eye contact with him on here...thanks for letting me know.

With respect to helping somebody out on here, I think I told somebody how to post a video once, does that count? I will go back and try and find it and then put it on my vitae I will send to you for approval for being able to stay on the board. Despite our apparent differences, I hope you give it full consideration.... :cautious:

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I will take @Hillhouse! Not even close.......LOL! Bill has provided so many helpful comments over the years and more than the experience to back it up.. Not to knock on anyone else but comparing the 2 (and I understand why you are saying it) is not even close.

Many people here provide help. Unfortunately some just want to pretend this is a site to cause problems like Reddit and argue.

Zero credentials to back up it up but maybe a few youtube videos. Worthless.

Be better, provide help, or please be silent!

S3
Sh** looks like I am losing 2-0. Will have to get my grandmother up in here to stuff the ballot box...

Aug 21, 2008
For whatever it's worth gang, I didn't take any offence to anything Pattar wrote. Maybe I missed something? I don't read every single post here so, it's possible. But, from what I did read, I didn't take anything badly. Calling me a "hard man to please" is more truth than most of you probably know, believe me... I can supply references!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee