Montana Fouts needs to come here and learn that her palm has to be up at 9 o'clock

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
Who knows. I would expect Murphy to be complimentary of his team and coaching staff. And by all accounts, Fouts has worked really hard to make herself better and stronger.

Oct 14, 2019
Here's what people trolling for comments don't get....there isn't a pitching coach on here that would try to change what Fouts does. Obviously she is very successful at it. If a new student walks in at 17 or 18 years old and is throwing low 70s, we're not going to spend a ton of time working on perfect spin on multiple pitches. She can ride her heat and just needs a complimentary pitch (such as Fouts drop).

On the other hand, if a 10 year old comes in, we're going to spend a lot of time learning to spin the ball. Same as with an older girl that throws mid 50s and is struggling.

Its silly that people say "Oh look, this apex predator that is literally one in a million does things that you say are wrong or inefficient! What do you have to say about that?!"

every pitcher i have seen at the cws throws bullet spin. Fouts is not an outlier. yet to see a backspin rise.

Jun 19, 2016
every pitcher i have seen at the cws throws bullet spin. Fouts is not an outlier. yet to see a backspin rise.
The funny thing is many here have told me that bullet spin would reduce speed.

They also have been throwing a non-existent pitch....the screwball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802