Money well spent... Time well spent!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2016
We have waaaaayyyyyy overspent on softball, and don't regret a single dollar.

Private batting and pitching lessons from age 9 on; thousands in club fees; thousands more in travel, hotel, food; countless dollars spent on Gatorade and water for the team; coaches gifts; team parties, and on and on.

But nothing can replace the time we spent as a family - the good, bad, and very, very ugly. Can't imagine my relationship with my DD without softball. Prob would have bought a new car or travelled overseas or golfed more. But seeing her in the box and in the circle and watching her grow, overcoming fears, obstacles, forming lifelong bonds with teammates and coaches...priceless.
Totally agree. I spend hours on the road with DD to and from private lessons. Now her new team is an hour away, we have even more time on the road together. We talk about everything under the sun (if she isn't on Tik Tok on the car ride.) I take the chance to show her how to drive defensively, since she'd be driving in 2 years 😱 I give her "pop-quizzes" on common knowledge (quick, what're the three branches of US government?) We talk about family history, things she learned from school, new Tik Tok trends, etc.. I am definitely going to miss this when she goes to college. We live and breath softball (and occasional tennis) in this household, and we love it. I still have 5 years to hang onto....

Jul 31, 2015
Totally agree. I spend hours on the road with DD to and from private lessons. Now her new team is an hour away, we have even more time on the road together. We talk about everything under the sun (if she isn't on Tik Tok on the car ride.) I take the chance to show her how to drive defensively, since she'd be driving in 2 years 😱 I give her "pop-quizzes" on common knowledge (quick, what're the three branches of US government?) We talk about family history, things she learned from school, new Tik Tok trends, etc.. I am definitely going to miss this when she goes to college. We live and breath softball (and occasional tennis) in this household, and we love it. I still have 5 years to hang onto....

Hang on to them. Goes faster than fast.

Cheers.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Worth every penny. DD is in college now and it going to be a lot different for me and her mom as far as being able to watch games.
🥲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2