Mizuno Demos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2012
I'm glad I saw this thread. A friend of mine bought this for his daughter who plays for a different team. We were at the same tournament when she first used the Power Carbon 31/20 and it had POP straight from the wrapper. The only thing is we noticed paint chipping immediately from the bat after her first game use. I talked to him again right now and said he loves the POP in the bat, but paint still chipping drastically on the bat. I just now ordered the Power Carbon 31/21 after some of your reviews. My DD has always swung an LXT so hopefully she likes this Mizuno.

Jan 8, 2019
Thank you to Core and Coach James, and all the other posts on this thread. You've sold me into getting a PC for DD! Will post results after DD has it in her hands.

Feb 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Just out of curiosity, how does this bat compare to the ASA Ghost?

I am also interested in a comparison on these two from the players perspective, what are the girls likes dislikes of each and which stick do they reach for when presented with these two of equal length and weight?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Problem you have there, not many kids have both bats in their bag to reach for. The Mizunos are just starting to circulate a little, most other bats have
been out quite some time.

Sep 8, 2015
I just got a 32/22 Power Carbon Demo from a local rep. My daughter has the USSSA Ghost. (Thanks Core!).

Both her and I’s first reaction was the sound. Very Unique, closer to LXT. The sound also seemed to change the more it was hit. Or we just got used to it...

Her opinions, Didn’t have as much Flex as her Ghost and she didn’t have the same feedback. Her comment “I know when I hit the ball well with the Ghost, everything on the PC felt the same.

Exit speeds were identical with her first bucket. By the 4th bucket the PC had pulled ahead of the Ghost by 3-4 Mph.

The are both 32/22. The Ghost weighs 23.42 on the scale. The PC was 22.36.

Today was just Tee Work. Hope to have some front toss this weekend on the local fields. If she is comfortable enough with it she will use it in tourney play next weekend. I’ll update accordingly.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The Ghost will "feel" more than the PC...but that's the way its supposed to be.

Pretty good results considering your UGhost had some swings on it

Feb 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I just got a 32/22 Power Carbon Demo from a local rep. My daughter has the USSSA Ghost. (Thanks Core!).

Both her and I’s first reaction was the sound. Very Unique, closer to LXT. The sound also seemed to change the more it was hit. Or we just got used to it...

Her opinions, Didn’t have as much Flex as her Ghost and she didn’t have the same feedback. Her comment “I know when I hit the ball well with the Ghost, everything on the PC felt the same.

Exit speeds were identical with her first bucket. By the 4th bucket the PC had pulled ahead of the Ghost by 3-4 Mph.

The are both 32/22. The Ghost weighs 23.42 on the scale. The PC was 22.36.

Today was just Tee Work. Hope to have some front toss this weekend on the local fields. If she is comfortable enough with it she will use it in tourney play next weekend. I’ll update accordingly.

Thank you for your post and insight, very much appreciated.. [MENTION=7451]CoreSoftball20[/MENTION], I'll be contacting for an order soon!!!

Apr 16, 2013
I'm looking forward to this next season to see just how many girls are swinging Mizuno. No skin in the game but I love capitalism and competition! This bat sounds pretty awesome, AND dual stamped. I've seen a few different bat sellers doing demos with these bats, one even a father of a player on my DD's team. Seems Mizuno is really trying hard to promote this. Hope it works out well. Again, capitalism = competition and a better product for everyone!!!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Im more concerned with competition that anything...more quality bats in the game makes everyone more customer focused. Stops the "we have cornered the market, and
now can do as we wish" type thoughts and actions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee