Missing home on HR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Georgia Bulldog Fields hits 2 run HR to take a 2 run lead but missed Home plate. Oklahoma appeals and negates the run and gets an out.

How does this happen? Jumped over the plate celebrating.

Last edited:

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Usually adrenaline that causes one to overstep home plate. You can tell a well-coached player when they look down at home plate every time they cross it.

Dec 11, 2010
Her heel has at least as much contact with home as most pitchers heel have contact with the rubber lol!

What a win for UGA last night. I actually had it on tv but decided I was overdue for a softball break and turned it over to Queen Of The South. How could I have done that, lol!

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
I was watching it live and it was clear as day that she missed home plate. I felt bad for her, but I guarantee that is a mistake she will never make again. Reminded me of the Bailey Hemphill similar play a few years ago. I will say that I was happy to see the player redeem herself with two big ABs later in the game, including the walk-off in the 9th.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
I will say that I was happy to see the player redeem herself with two big ABs later in the game, including the walk-off in the 9th.

Yes, that's a huge part of that story worth retelling. Fact that UGA rallied for 2 runs in the 7th to send it to extra innings ironically put more pressure on Fields because then, if UGA loses, there's no way around blaming it on that mistake. So I was pretty happy to see her win the game in the end.

I told a friend before the game that Oklahoma had has played an amazingly weak schedule so far for a P5 team and that they could be had. OU might well be the best team in the country, but I'm not sure they've played a single legit top-10 team yet.

Jun 8, 2016
4 things:
1) Gasso more than likely doesn’t pull Juarez if that is a playoff game
2) Not sure I have seen too many coaches pitch around a batter and put the tying run on 2nd regardless of how big the disparity in the hitter in the box and on-deck circle
3) While it “worked” (eg she was safe) why is the Georgia coach stealing 3rd with 2 outs late in the game and down by a run?
4) While they have never hit this well early in the season, OU has done this in the past. Feast on out of conference (and conference for that matter) pitching only to come back to earth once they get the WCWS. How well they do when it counts will ultimately come down to how effective Juarez is. IMO Saile is too wild to trust in the WCWS.

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
I watched all 3 of the Oklahoma vs Texas games last weekend. OU slaughtered Texas in all 3 games. Whether or not Texas is really a top 10 team is arguable but the way Oklahoma hit the ball that series was very impressive.

The freshman Jadya Coleman has a beautiful swing. I was very impressed by that young ladies game/skills in the softball field. She also made a great play throwing out a runner on a ball that went off the fence at 2nd base.

Jun 8, 2016
I watched all 3 of the Oklahoma vs Texas games last weekend. OU slaughtered Texas in all 3 games. Whether or not Texas is really a top 10 team is arguable but the way Oklahoma hit the ball that series was very impressive.

The freshman Jadya Coleman has a beautiful swing. I was very impressed by that young ladies game/skills in the softball field. She also made a great play throwing out a runner on a ball that went off the fence at 2nd base.
Yeah Coleman transitioned from a LH SS in HS/TB pretty well 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802