Miracle League.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
I promise you won't regret it, in fact you will love it, figure out a way to get your kids actually involved in the game itself. The coolest (actually funny) thing was watching some of the older guys, and there was some in their late twenty's and thirty's. But watching them get one of our players and just hold their hand.......and not let go for nothing!

That day every person playing, kid or adult are 100% dependent on either their parent or a special home they're in, so them seeing a beautiful girl that was pretty much assigned just to them, they latched on and didn't let go!

And that particular 16U team was a team full of very pretty girls! And funny also was the mom's teasing and laughing with their kids saying "you got you a pretty girl there don't you?" Seeing my girls blush and the one who was attached to her just loosing it with the biggest laughs and smiles!

Eye opening doesn't even begin to describe it! Some of the one's there are downright heartbreaking!

I have healthy kids.......healthy spoiled kids! I'm never around this type of environment, you sometimes get a sense that everyone in your circles are just like you. This is a swift kick in the butt to wake you up and show you how fortunate we all are!
I'm thinking my daughter and my son could be co-buddies. Looks like the league is late spring early summer, so if my daughter has softball tourney, my son could fill in for her on those weekends. It sounds like an amazing experience for all involved!

Apr 1, 2017
The manufacturer I work with has done the playgrounds for some of those facilities (unfortunately we haven't done one in Illinois yet). They really are incredible places.

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks so much for posting this, ANNASDAD. I just did a quick online search and found out that there is a Miracle League field about 10 minutes from my house -- I had no idea! This is definitely something DD would want to volunteer for.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Another thanks to add to this post. My DD volunteered this weekend for Miracle League based on this post, it was our 1st exposure to Miracle League. They call the volunteers "Buddies" that are there to help the players in a baseball game. As I do the Monday morning reflecting on this experience, I am not sure who helped who more. The Special players in the Miracle league help the Buddies with learning about living life while the buddies only contributed to helping with a game.

I highly suggest Volunteering for these types of organizations.

Sep 3, 2015
My son does this as a part of little league and they call it Challengers, was a great experience for him. I think all kids that play should volunteer for this type of program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2011
She's pitching again @Miracle League!

Baseball players and softball players from DD's HS volunteered at a Miracle League game today. My DD really enjoyed it. Not sure if it was an organizer or parent came over and told my wife she was very impressed by how the King's student athletes carried themselves. She said she almost thought they were college students.

Excellent experience and I hope my DD does it again in the future.

ca4e8e3b8e3d8a9d41392a763e9196e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
Nor Cal High School sports highlight program did a nice segment on the Miracle League in my area and gave some props to the Diamond Sports teams at my DD's high school who sent 12 players to help. Very proud of them and my DD. My allergies are acting up and its getting dusty in here. High level athletes sharing the love of the game with those less fortunate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28