Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I agree.

And outrage is currently in fashion…

So true. It's crazy.

And I'll be the first to admit that my older daughter broke her ghost while under warranty and it wasn't the bat's fault. I watched it happen. Dummy swung late at an inside pitch and hit it right off the connection.

It's ok to admit your DD isn't a pro softball player and the bat broke because of her.

Jun 8, 2016
So true. It's crazy.

And I'll be the first to admit that my older daughter broke her ghost while under warranty and it wasn't the bat's fault. I watched it happen. Dummy swung late at an inside pitch and hit it right off the connection.

It's ok to admit your DD isn't a pro softball player and the bat broke because of her.
I don’t know. I broke a few wood bats in college summer ball and I always blamed it on a bad ash growing season..🤷🏽‍♂️

Oct 4, 2018
I was chatting with a dad last night about bats, and we kind of agree that the good ones are almost disposable. We don't expect them to last forever. Maybe at one point people did. Back when we were kids the green Easton never seemed to break.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I was chatting with a dad last night about bats, and we kind of agree that the good ones are almost disposable. We don't expect them to last forever. Maybe at one point people did. Back when we were kids the green Easton never seemed to break.
Man, the older composites were made to take a beating...and were one piece when composites first came out. Even the first 2 piece
composites took abuse. But those days are over. When people started talking "hot out of the wrapper", thats when the tide turned.

Jun 3, 2021
Been a while. Both LXT’s are still holding up well. Only Meta left on the team (we are a Louisville/Wilson team) is used by a slapper. Pretty much what we saw in PGF premier at the 12 U level this year.

We have a 33 inch and 32 inch drop 10 Easton ghost advanced on the team currently. I refuse to use them to hit ground balls and fly balls. Even when the girls offer them. Seen too many broken barrels from girls who can’t hit a ball 250 feet. I really don’t see how hitting a ball off the connection will concave and or crack the barrel.

And yes the old stuff were built like tanks. Even the ancient blue tri shell Easton. Bombs! I won’t even take a full hard swing with my own daughters back up LXT. And at 46 I certainly cannot strike the ball like I did back when I was 36 and more so at 26.

Jul 27, 2021
Yep. The "hot" bats have a limited life. I have been say 100 solid hits is the life of the top bats. 100 hits .....

Jun 3, 2021

I’m not poor, but when I buy the best LS bat for 450$ I fully expect it to last more than a month. Especially with my then 12 year old daughter hitting.

LXT has been much better in spite of downgrading. The rep knew the Meta doesn’t hold up and I happily ate the $50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802