Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 8, 2021
Sorry it’s a 32/22. Have not weighed it yet. Just had a friend over with a pocket radar and took some numbers. I used my DD’s 19 LXT and 20 GA and the 22 Meta. The LXT and GA are both fully broken in. Took 10 swings with each alternating every 2 swings. The average for the LXT was 67mph. The average for the GA was 68mph and the average for the meta with only about 120 swings on it was also 68mph. I’m by no means a good hitter either! Highest with the LXT was 74 the GA was 77 and the Meta was also 77. So if what the distributor is correct and it does take 500ish swing to break in the meta is on its way to having better numbers than the GA.
But every hitter is different and feel comes into play as well as sound. When the GA is squared up it sounds so much harder than the others but science proves that wrong. I don’t have a 22 Ghost double wall to compare it to or any other bats just what I have to offer as my findings. I do have a huge blister however on my palm!

Jul 8, 2021
Just put it on a scale and not sure how accurate it is but it said 1lb 6.2oz’s.
it’s a 32/22 so that would be 22.2ozs

Jul 8, 2021
When they say 500 swings on a fastpitch bat...its not a grown man hitting it 500 times...haha.
True but as I stated I’m not a good hitter. Half my DD’s team has higher exit velo’s than me because they’re good hitters. So I actually don’t think it matters who or what’s making contact with the bat.

Feb 25, 2020
Sorry it’s a 32/22. Have not weighed it yet. Just had a friend over with a pocket radar and took some numbers. I used my DD’s 19 LXT and 20 GA and the 22 Meta. The LXT and GA are both fully broken in. Took 10 swings with each alternating every 2 swings. The average for the LXT was 67mph. The average for the GA was 68mph and the average for the meta with only about 120 swings on it was also 68mph. I’m by no means a good hitter either! Highest with the LXT was 74 the GA was 77 and the Meta was also 77. So if what the distributor is correct and it does take 500ish swing to break in the meta is on its way to having better numbers than the GA.
But every hitter is different and feel comes into play as well as sound. When the GA is squared up it sounds so much harder than the others but science proves that wrong. I don’t have a 22 Ghost double wall to compare it to or any other bats just what I have to offer as my findings. I do have a huge blister however on my palm!

I need a friend like that...

Thx for sharing!

Jun 2, 2019
All this time I thought it was Darling Daughter and Darling Son. I feel like I've been living a lie.☹
I wanted to ask this too. I assumed it was designated daughter and son. Not sure why I thought that but it seemed baseball themed

Oct 4, 2018

Thanks for the data.

Now please do it blindfolded because your enthusiasm and bias for the Meta is obvious and you're obviously swinging harder with it.. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28