Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2017
Daughter got a 33 drop 9 a week or two ago. Put about 200 swings on it with tee and soft toss before taking some front toss. Hit 1 ball over a 200' fence in about 30 pitches. She said it felt like she hit that one perfect and it barely cleared the fence. Switched to her 2021 LXT 34" -10 and hit 3 over in 10 pitches. Balls were well over the fence. She will continue to take BP with the Meta and use the LXT in games for now.

Kinda similar story. Both 34/24. 2018 lxt and a meta. About 400 swings on the meta. The lxt outperformed the meta by quite a bit. Not giving up on it yet. My dd loves the meta but its not as hot right now.

Jul 31, 2021
Yes, it's ridiculous.

But uh... you have the two newest hot bats and seems you've had a Ghost.

I'm like two full bats behind you!!!
Haven't had a ghost she didnt prefer it. This is her first year in travel ball. I'm sure one day I will be buying one though. Lol

Mar 1, 2018
DD got a chance to put some swings on her new 34/25 Meta-X last night. About 150, combo of Tee and front toss, out of the wrapper. She likes it a lot and says it's a tie (2018 Blue Ghost) for favorite bat. Surprising to me that it jumped past all 4 Xeno's she has had and 2020 dual stamp Ghost. She describes it as not as stiff as any of her Xeno's, with a bigger sweet spot, no vibration and feels hotter. Sound is in between Xeno and GA and likes it. I didn't have my toys with me to get bat speed and exit velocity but will try to put something together this weekend. Quick reference info, DD is big and strong at 5'8" and has been swinging 34/-10 for the past 2 seasons.
Bat weights
22' Meta-x 34/25 = 24.97
21' Xeno 34/24 = 24.69
20' Xeno 34/24 = 24.66
19' Xeno 34/25 = 25.08

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2018
DD is moving up from a 30-11 CF to a 31 - 10 Meta. Actually 21.5oz. She loves it. But she loved it before ever picking it up. We about 200-250 swings on it. Overall, she is not hiting the ball farther with the Meta than the CF. She has hit a few very hard that I thought might have gone further than with the CF. but with such a big jump in weight, I can attribute anything to the bat itself. She has hit a few off the end and she feels nothing, while she would complain about sting from the CF.

Apr 1, 2017
My daughter has an LXT that she likes, but picked up a meta x for her birthday. Just started breaking it in this week, so haven't done any comparisons with the LXT yet, but the sound of the Meta is really strange to both of us. Even the ones she squares up, it sounds like she's getting jammed. Hitting the ball hard, and maybe the sound changes as the bat breaks in, but it's a weird sound.

Jun 6, 2018
Seeing what the results so far are for adopters?

I can say in the 6 girls, over the 4 teams I work with (ranging from 12u-18u), that switched to the Meta that there is not a tremendous increase in their batting statistics after 2 tournaments which came after 3 weeks of breaking in the Meta. The biggest gain was for a 14u that had been using a 2020 Prism.

Also, anyone seen the bat breaking? It seems to be another LS tank that is pretty solid in terms of barrel construction but we have seen two of the bats plastic connection piece separate from the barrel so far.

Oct 4, 2018
Seeing what the results so far are for adopters?

I can say in the 6 girls, over the 4 teams I work with (ranging from 12u-18u), that switched to the Meta that there is not a tremendous increase in their batting statistics after 2 tournaments which came after 3 weeks of breaking in the Meta. The biggest gain was for a 14u that had been using a 2020 Prism.

Also, anyone seen the bat breaking? It seems to be another LS tank that is pretty solid in terms of barrel construction but we have seen two of the bats plastic connection piece separate from the barrel so far.

Good info to have, thank you.

Sep 8, 2021
Picked one up, 32-Drop 10, over the weekend for my Daughter as a replacement for a broken Mantra. (As a point of reference, she has broken 4 Ghosts over the past year and a Mantra) She is a 14u gap/power hitter with a 68mph exit velo off the tee with her old mantra and ghost advanced. Directly out of the wrapper we did a exit velocity comparison to a month old Ghost Advanced with the same balls off a tee. Exit Velo was 3 mph slower off the tee on average. Since then she has put about 250 swings on it. Through the hitting session she had this week, where she put in over 100 swings.. it was getting better and better through the session. I am going to do another comparison in another week or so. She said that she likes it, but not quite as much as the Ghost Advanced. But did say that it felt way better at the end of the session than what it did at the beginning.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee