Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
The Mantra wasnt supposed to kill the Ghost...was supposed to help Rawlings get back in the market and
it did. And I do see Rawlings going a bit further next release since they own Easton.
Does it sell great...not really, but way better than the Quatro. And it is a better bat than the Quatro.

Unfortunately we will never know the results of this, but I wouldve liked to have seen the kind of sales Rawlings could have had if there werent so many periods of time where the Mantra's were on back order. Obviously they didnt know it would sell as well as it did so they under produced in order to not be stuck with a ton of extra bats. But I think that turned off alot of people since so many people want bats right away and just move to the next option if they have to wait too long.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Unfortunately we will never know the results of this, but I wouldve liked to have seen the kind of sales Rawlings could have had if there werent so many periods of time where the Mantra's were on back order. Obviously they didnt know it would sell as well as it did so they under produced in order to not be stuck with a ton of extra bats. But I think that turned off alot of people since so many people want bats right away and just move to the next option if they have to wait too long.

Agreed...I waited a ton to get some back in stock. Now Given, I played the same game they did, I wasnt stocking up
when I knew their previous sales history. But man, gotta do better than months or else its gonna really hurt you.
I think most just went to a Ghost. You have a small window of sales to get the initial rush. Once that passes, you
are just down to regular traffic. I also think this is why all manufacturers dont release same time either. They want that
window all to themselves. You dont wanna release same time as another, because you are going to have split sales.
If you release all by yourself, you get more.
If they would have had them in stock...could have sold so many more

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Hey, if you can't go yard within the first three swings, into the BP bat barrel it goes! ;)
Its really no different than how the weekend warrior golfers seem to be. Ive seen guys post that they bought the club on Tues and they are putting it up for sale on Thursday :ROFLMAO:

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Ok some initial reviews, (DD is 5’9 and 225lbs with big broad shoulders and swings (hard) she likes it. Says it’s a combo of the ghost and the LXT -like. A softer connection, (forgiving on the hands)but still gives feed back on where the ball was hit. Not end loaded, but you can actually feel the barrel through the swing which she really liked. The knob almost feels plastic, and futuristic haha. She said the sweet spot felt large and the barrel seemed long. (I think that’s the coloring though). Pocket Radar batteries went dead after 4 swings (very good numbers)so will be back at it later today. Ball seems to hop off the face with a real different sound. So far all good. She has two practices yet today so I am sure I will get some more feedback

Jun 6, 2018
Most places except Dicks, which most Dicks have them in stock piled up in the back in a shrink wrap display saying august 4th. Most of the other retailers that have gotten them are selling them going with the original july 21 date. I know 3 stores took that approach and were shocked when they sold out in hours but then admitted it was easy when dicks and LS are holding back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad