Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 8, 2015
As you stated earlier your buying is already done for the year because the release date was not on your schedule

The entire team got to swing them this past Tuesday. We are an 18u team that comprises girls 15-18 in age. Watching as a bystander, most of the girls would swing the Meta for 10-15 swings and then go back to their bats and take another 5-10 swings. Most of the girls said “it’s nice”.

IMO, out of the wrapper, it did not get that “OMG, I have to have it” response. Watching from the stands, I didn’t notice a performance difference between the Ghosts, LXTs, PCs and other bats on the team.

Our coach did want to keep the 34/25 model we had as she like it.

The demos are now off to another team. I’m hoping to get them back in a couple weeks and test again. Maybe the bat needs to open up some.

My Wilson rep is taking presales and has indicated that the 32/22 model is already on backorder. Sounds like the hype is there. My opinion is initial performance leaves a lot lacking for a $450 sticker price.

May 23, 2015
IMO, out of the wrapper, it did not get that “OMG, I have to have it” response. Watching from the stands, I didn’t notice a performance difference between the Ghosts, LXTs, PCs and other bats on the team.
Well with liability and performance standards you'll never have the omg moment with bats. Buy for performance and product longevity. Manufacturers walk the line with reliability. They dont want to make a bat so stout that its dead, but they don't want to produce a bat that's being replaced every month

Jul 17, 2021
My 11 year old daughter went in to buy a new bat. Narrowed it down to the Meta X and Ghost. She was on the fence which to choose and went with the Meta X because of the look.

She is happy with her choice

I'm concerned she is not going with the well established Ghost and going with the unknown Meta X. 😩

Jun 8, 2018
Dd has been swinging lxt this year with good results. She also has a ghost advanced, she was convinced her ga is a hotter bat. We did some hitting in the back yard, I am convinced the loud sound of the ghosts make the girls feel like it hits harder. We started with the lxt, good solid hits with a few bombs mixed in. She then hits the ghost advanced, much louder sound, but the hits weren’t as far as the lxt. I said that lxt is better than the ghost. She couldn’t argue, the proof was there. So I think I convinced her to sell that ghost and go for the meta. So many great bats these days!

Jun 6, 2018
Watching as a bystander, most of the girls would swing the Meta for 10-15 swings and then go back to their bats

IMO, out of the wrapper, it did not get that “OMG, I have to have it” response.

My opinion is initial performance leaves a lot lacking for a $450 sticker price.

Sounds exactly like the response out in KC from their demo.

Jun 22, 2019
Dd has been swinging lxt this year with good results. She also has a ghost advanced, she was convinced her ga is a hotter bat. We did some hitting in the back yard, I am convinced the loud sound of the ghosts make the girls feel like it hits harder. We started with the lxt, good solid hits with a few bombs mixed in. She then hits the ghost advanced, much louder sound, but the hits weren’t as far as the lxt. I said that lxt is better than the ghost. She couldn’t argue, the proof was there. So I think I convinced her to sell that ghost and go for the meta. So many great bats these days!
We did something similar. My daughter has been an LXT girl for 4-5 yrs now. We bought the ghost & GA and she likes all three, but continued to hit the LXT. Her thought was that she has better barrel control with the LXT and likes the feel.

We took them out and hit all three 10 hits. She hit the furthest & most consistent with the LXT…but that’s her go to. She’s swung the LXT about 100x more than the Easton.

Thinking about getting a Meta, but she said no. Just another LXT.

Aug 23, 2018
My rep received his drop 10 Metas but nothing in the larger/heavier sizing my daughter uses. He said they are technically not allowed to sell them until 8/5 as someone else mentioned due to shipment delays. However, he gave me one for a teammate and she used it this weekend. Initially, she didn't seem impressed but by the end of the weekend she said she really liked it. She was an avid Ghost user. If I get my hands on a drop 9, I will see what my daughter thinks and we will take some measurements. She is pretty fussy. At this point, like many people, I am looking for anything besides an Easton that can hold up in real travel ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2