Meta X vs Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2021
The Meta X is avaialble at my local store.

I'm curious if anyone has had some time with the Meta X and can provide some insight compared to the ghost?

Jun 6, 2018
Go read the ADM commentary as he had a whole team try it out this past week as it sums up what most that have tried it have to say.

Seems like it will not be as hot as a ghost, likely more durable, but not as hot which sounds like the LS lineup in a nutshell.

Jan 28, 2017
I’m hearing the Double Barrel Ghost is not performing as well as the past Ghost. My DD has used PC for three years but has the itch for a Ghost. I’m a sucker for any new bat. She swung the AG and DBG and liked the DBG better than the AG but the AG was an inch longer than normal for her and more drag. Really want to swing the Meta before making any decisions. I personally hope she sticks with a PC even a new one. I love the bat.

Jul 8, 2021
The Meta X is avaialble at my local store.

I'm curious if anyone has had some time with the Meta X and can provide some insight compared to the ghost?
From a rep a spoke to he said it needs about 500 swings to break in. So no it will not be as hot as a ghost right out of the gate. I’m guessing time will tell once people really hit the Meta for a while to see true comparable metrics.

Jun 6, 2018
I’m hearing the Double Barrel Ghost is not performing as well as the past Ghost. My DD has used PC for three years but has the itch for a Ghost. I’m a sucker for any new bat. She swung the AG and DBG and liked the DBG better than the AG but the AG was an inch longer than normal for her and more drag. Really want to swing the Meta before making any decisions. I personally hope she sticks with a PC even a new one. I love the bat.

My two daughters have used the new ghost for warmups and I do not see much of a difference in the bat from the GA. It is a huge improvement from the previous 5 stamp ghost and both say it feels more like the GA and definitely hits more like the GA than the old 5 stamp.

As for the talk on the Meta now coming alive after 500 swings. I understand bats, non ghost, need much longer break in periods but i think the big key here is are we talking okay it is like the LXT and Xeno where a perfectly squared up ball is getting over the fence and the bat is a LS hammer like they typically have? Or is it approaching the ghost effect and jumping off the barrel so hard and fast that infielders have less reaction times and improves the batting average. I think this is the truest test since I believe a hard hit ball that is a homerun is a homerun with the majority of the top end bats these days, the difference maker is how the ball is coming off on the line drives and hard ground balls since these are where the majority of girls are hitting.

I think the Meta ultimately wont convert the ghost users but i see it converting a ton of demarini users. the only question i foresee is, do the xeno lovers find a way to embrace the meta or will they look elsewhere to find a more over weight slight end loaded bat to replace their now deceased xeno bat in the future?

Jun 8, 2016
it is like the LXT and Xeno where a perfectly squared up ball is getting over the fence

I think this is the truest test since I believe a hard hit ball that is a homerun is a homerun with the majority of the top end bats these days, the difference maker is how the ball is coming off on the line drives and hard ground balls since these are where the majority of girls are hitting.

So basically we want to be able to hit when we cannot hit...this is why I hate this bat crap nowadays. If you don't square up a ball you shouldn't expect a good result (yeah it will happen once in a while but it should be expected...)

This isn't directed at you @Pigskinguru34 , just general rant ;)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018
Didn't say that. What I said was homer is a homer, but in the world of reaction time where half a second literally is the difference of safe or out, yes it is a huge difference!

If daughter squares up a ball and line drive at third basemen and it drills her in the knee and goes halfway to outfield for a double because the girl couldn't react quick enough verse having that extra second to react and get a glove on it, yeah give me the better technology and stop acting like an indestructible hammer that results in that play being an out is the better option.

Jun 8, 2016
Didn't say that. What I said was homer is a homer, but in the world of reaction time where half a second literally is the difference of safe or out, yes it is a huge difference!

If daughter squares up a ball and line drive at third basemen and it drills her in the knee and goes halfway to outfield for a double because the girl couldn't react quick enough verse having that extra second to react and get a glove on it, yeah give me the better technology and stop acting like an indestructible hammer that results in that play being an out is the better option.
I realize it makes a difference...I just don't like it ;) You have two teams which have equal talent and the one that has better bats wins the game 7 out of 10 times??? Doesn't seem right to me but that is just the way it is now..I realize that 🤷‍♂️

Jun 6, 2018
Okay I get that. I can agree with sentiment but realize there isn’t going to be that equality across the board in the manufacturers so therefore you will always see competition and the better ones making improvements to become the best.

like core says go back 5 years ago, Demarini dominated and Easton was the trash heap. So who knows what it looks like in 5 years let alone next year.

Jun 8, 2016
Okay I get that. I can agree with sentiment but realize there isn’t going to be that equality across the board in the manufacturers so therefore you will always see competition and the better ones making improvements to become the best.

like core says go back 5 years ago, Demarini dominated and Easton was the trash heap. So who knows what it looks like in 5 years let alone next year.
At the end of the day in the long run it doesn't really matter. If your kid can hit, your kid can hit and it will get recognized 🤷‍♂️ I am just being an old fuddy duddy..I will say having a kid choose a bat which she is comfortable with is important. Back in the day when I first started using wood in a college league, I decided I liked a thin handle with a cupped end...no difference I guess.

Now get off my lawn!! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812