Mental

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
I kinda visualized what I needed to correct between pitches. Just something I did, nobody ever talked to me about it. As a former football coach we did a lot with visualizing situations prior to games, wondering if anyone uses a method between pitches with their hitters.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I kinda visualized what I needed to correct between pitches. Just something I did, nobody ever talked to me about it. As a former football coach we did a lot with visualizing situations prior to games, wondering if anyone uses a method between pitches with their hitters.
To help create a mental image.
Like to suggest to students work on their drill sets in front of a mirror.
Can correct things quickly.
Get an impression of what the good stuff looks like!
Videoing and watching themselves can work also.

Oct 26, 2019
Not between pitches but i have laid the whole team down in the outfield grass, walked them through breathing and relaxation exercises and then taken them through an end of game, game on the line at bat scenario all visualizing. It’s a powerful tool that almost no one utilizes.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Not between pitches but i have laid the whole team down in the outfield grass, walked them through breathing and relaxation exercises and then taken them through an end of game, game on the line at bat scenario all visualizing. It’s a powerful tool that almost no one utilizes.

I heard visualization techniques can actually create muscle activation as if you’re actually doing it.

Jan 28, 2017
As a college baseball player our coach made us take yoga as a class and we did a lot of relaxation and breathing exercises and then he cussed us out to start practice. LOL. When I first started out coaching, I used visualizing scenarios before games.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
I heard visualization techniques can actually create muscle activation as if you’re actually doing it.
I was taught the same thing. Your brain and body don’t actually know the difference between you thinking you did it and you actually doing it. Anyone who has had a vivid dream and woke up thinking “did that actually happen” knows the feeling.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I was taught the same thing. Your brain and body don’t actually know the difference between you thinking you did it and you actually doing it. Anyone who has had a vivid dream and woke up thinking “did that actually happen” knows the feeling.

It was mentioned as part of skill development. Your level increases by developing the pathways. They also mentioned dreaming about it.

Oct 26, 2019
It was mentioned as part of skill development. Your level increases by developing the pathways. They also mentioned dreaming about it.
Who knew when we were in the backyard tossing balls up to ourself and pretending to be our favorite major leaguer that we were actually getting better

Aug 1, 2019
MN
When I was a kid I visualized kicking a field goal with a football set on a tee, and two trees in front of me about the correct width apart. What I failed to visualize was the damp grass, no cleats, and trying too hard would land me flat on my back and knock the wind out of me. Eat your heart out, Charlie Brown.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802