Marucci Magnolia 1st base glove. Good option?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2019
So my 15yo daughter has been playing 1st base and has expressed a desire to use a 1st base glove instead of her regular glove. She shared a link with a 13 inch Marucci Magnolia glove and before I drop the money on it, I was hoping to get some opinions on anyone familiar with it. Good option? Look else where? Any help is appreciated.

https://maruccisports.com/magnolia-m-type-3fp-13-00-dual-bar/
DD has a 13" magnolia OF H web. She loves it in part because it's got an offset hand stall and she prefers 2 in the pinky. The leather is nice and it's well built. I wouldn't go to the level of amazing, but very very nice. I think at 200 it's a good value and cheaper than that it can be amazing.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
DD has a 13" magnolia OF H web. She loves it in part because it's got an offset hand stall and she prefers 2 in the pinky. The leather is nice and it's well built. I wouldn't go to the level of amazing, but very very nice. I think at 200 it's a good value and cheaper than that it can be amazing.
We have the same glove and I would agree with everything posted.

Mar 20, 2019
My DD uses the Magnolia as her catchers glove and loves it. Going on 2 years now and holding up well. She also uses a Palmetto 1st base glove and like it a lot. (1st is her third position so it has seen more work breaking in than game action so far).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
DD uses a Magnolia when playing first. She likes it a lot.

An FYI... you can order a custom Magnolia off Marucci's web page, for same price as the retail off the shelf price. We didn't go custom, because we needed a glove quickly. But if you have time... I'd go custom.

1631628169431.png

Custom Glove - Select Model

Dec 20, 2019
When did the mag 13 inches comes in a h web? I thought the 13 inches mag only comes in a double post with vertical line down the middle.

May 18, 2019
When did the mag 13 inches comes in a h web? I thought the 13 inches mag only comes in a double post with vertical line down the middle.
I think you are right. We had been looking at the 12.5 and 13.0 and I had h web in my head but I think that's only on the 12.5. Thank you for the correction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802